Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all the comments about pre season friendlies don’t mean anything but I do feel this is different under the circumstances of last season with the need for a confidence boost which I really thought this game would give us!!!

Also I wouldn’t mind losing friendlies if we are able to get several positives from them and you can actually see we are working on things during the process. We can’t speak of many positives other than Tarky and mills.

As it stands im concerned we’re going to get a very similar season to last.

I hope I’m completely wrong and we get something close to mid table but just can’t see it.

Agree with all the comments about pre season friendlies don’t mean anything but I do feel this is different under the circumstances of last season with the need for a confidence boost which I really thought this game would give us!!!

Also I wouldn’t mind losing friendlies if we are able to get several positives from them and you can actually see we are working on things during the process. We can’t speak of many positives other than Tarky and mills.

As it stands im concerned we’re going to get a very similar season to last.

I hope I’m completely wrong and we get something close to mid table but just can’t see it.
Every time they attacked last night they looked like scoring.

Only watched the second half, but that header that hit the bar, then the last gasp tackle from Gbamin, the miss by Miss Deli, then the tackle that should have been a red card, Niels being nowhere down their RHS when they were attacking, Godfrey lunging in, and from what I read Keane was his useless self in the first half...

Worrying Times.

Every time they attacked last night they looked like scoring.

Only watched the second half, but that header that hit the bar, then the last gasp tackle from Gbamin, the miss by Miss Deli, then the tackle that should have been a red card, Niels being nowhere down their RHS when they were attacking, Godfrey lunging in, and from what I read Keane was his useless self in the first half...

Worrying Times.
And of course a non-existent midfield...

I was never one for setting any store by pre season tours and friendlies.

But in recent years I have noticed they have been a preview of what lies ahead over the coming autumn, winter and spring.

Another season of mediocrity beckons.
Agree with this mate.
I remember going to watch us at Blackburn under Martinez in pre season and we looked wide open in defence, which was a preview of what was to come.

If we can achieve mediocrity (which suggests survival) I'd take that right now.

Think we are in for another long tough season going off pre season so far, but really hope I'm wrong.

One other thing to take from pre season was that we looked better when we played youngsters (Arsenal 2nd half). Not sure what that says about the senior players though.

Sh1thouses each and every one of them. They all have loser mentality and nothing will change until that’s sorted out.

This coming season is going to be as painful as the last. Every team will see us as mentally weak and go for the kill.
Losing Carlo was huge for the club because, while not perfect, he was able to instil belief in most of them; they looked like they had guts.

I’ve said it many times: I don’t think the players are as bad as many will say, but again, last night, they looked like they lacked cohesion and belief.

Losing Carlo was huge for the club because, while not perfect, he was able to instil belief in most of them; they looked like they had guts.

I’ve said it many times: I don’t think the players are as bad as many will say, but again, last night, they looked like they lacked cohesion and belief.
There’s something seriously wrong with the squad. As you say they lack belief. Each and every one of them need to grow a set and take responsibility on the pitch. Too many free-riders and hiders for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.