Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top clubs wanting him says it all

He's a cracking player

Sadly I don't think we'll get him now

Should have put a proper bid in before the bigger clubs started circling

I think this is being led by Celtic mate, if I'm honest. If any of those teams wanted him and were in any way serious about it, an offer of 25 million quid would have been in by now. That is not huge money for most of them and they could have had him for the start of pre-season. Given how many each club will have at the World Cup I find it odd that they wait until mid July to suddenly make a move for him.

I don't doubt he will be on their radar and there may well be a possibility that an offer is put in at some point, however I don't think they are desperate to do the deal at the price Celtic want as is being suggested.

Everton have put an offer in for the player, the stumbling block appears to be how the values are paid. Given our cash flow challenges this summer I can fully understand why paying 25 million in one hit may not be possible.

For whatever reason I feel Celtic are very keen to move the lad on. There is probably some acceptance that he may have developed as much as he can there and his value may start to decrease if he stays much beyond this summer. They are a smart club and have become adept at moving players on at the right time to bring others in.

If Everton cannot do a deal for Digne and Silva is not suitably impressed by Baines (and more likely Robinson) I can see Everton re-emerging later in the window and maybe calling Celtic's bluff a bit.

The other caveat in all of this, is Brands is clearly trying to re-establish Everton's role in the market as a a good negotiator from that of a soft touch. I think thats fair enough and will benefit the club long term.

Unfortunately you have uncovered the fatal flaw in applying this to us. Could we entice Celtic with the prospect of using Williams or Bolasie as a piñata doll during negotiations? We might need to be creative here.

No, we can't.They are both on about 80-100k per week and way out of Celtic's pay scale.

This whole thing kind of makes me realize that Celtic is in a strange place. The domestic league is so bad that when they have a guy like Tierney, who is obviously really good for the SPL and okay in the CL, they can’t get top $$$$ for him as there’s no way to tell if he can make the jump to a big club that will pay a big fee as it’s too big a jump in competition. That being said, they can also make a couple of shrewd investments in players that aren’t so good in other leagues and come in and dominate the SPL and make the CL. Odd.

Love it when the Celtic fans say why leave somewhere you win trophies for somewhere you don’t.

Once you’ve won the treble in Scotland what’s the motivation in winning multiple?
Well he'd win f.a. here, so I suppose they have a point of sorts....

Status
Not open for further replies.