Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prentice in the Echo is suggesting a deal in principle is agreed with Tierney via his agent but the clubs are still apart in their valuations with Celtic wanting £25m and Everton not wanting to go above £20m. There doesn't seem to be any competitors for his signature at this stage.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ieran-tierney-everton-deal-principle-14877889

Well, some Scottish fella is saying it rather than Prentice. Lets hope he knows his stuff though, we should get this one over the line as soon as.

Prentice in the Echo is suggesting a deal in principle is agreed with Tierney via his agent but the clubs are still apart in their valuations with Celtic wanting £25m and Everton not wanting to go above £20m. There doesn't seem to be any competitors for his signature at this stage.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ieran-tierney-everton-deal-principle-14877889

..saw that story, but the ‘deal in principle’ was reported the best part of a week ago by that Scottish ‘transfer expert’. I’m not sure the Echo are saying anything new, except perhaps the club valuations.

This is going to be the problem under Brands imo, he'll want bargains all the time and not realise in the PL you sometimes have to spend over the odds to get deals over the line. Now obviously when it comes to gash then this strategy is good and it will be when signing unknown players/bargains but these sorts of top quality players are in short supply and we need to just get it done before someone comes in and pips us.

This ain’t happening IMO

Unless we stupidly vastly overpay like we did for others last summer.

Celtic aren’t going to turn down a stupid bid from somebody.

Sure there will be players of similar ability available for a lot less.

This is going to be the problem under Brands imo, he'll want bargains all the time and not realise in the PL you sometimes have to spend over the odds to get deals over the line. Now obviously when it comes to gash then this strategy is good and it will be when signing unknown players/bargains but these sorts of top quality players are in short supply and we need to just get it done before someone comes in and pips us.
I’m sure he knows how it works, maybe you should have gone for post.

This ain’t happening IMO

Unless we stupidly vastly overpay like we did for others last summer.

Celtic aren’t going to turn down a stupid bid from somebody.

Sure there will be players of similar ability available for a lot less.

..it’s a fair point, but I suppose £25m is the norm. If you think £32m has been quoted for the Left Back Wendell who hasn’t got a single international cap.

I’m sure he knows how it works, maybe you should have gone for post.

He's been at a club for nearly a decade in a league who spend a relative pittance. The club he was at was also one of the top dogs and could lowball sides for players knowing they would want to go to PSV.

The Premier League club is a total different kettle of fish and EFC are not in a position to haggle over fee's of players who are highly rated / have other suitors.

I hope your right but he needs to act fact and get these types of deals done rather than to Everton it up and lose out to a Spurs at the eleventh hour.

For £25m, go for it.

If they're insisting on £30m+ and they look to turn it into a saga I think it'd be best if Brands just moves on to other options.

I agree with you that brands will keep a close eye on finances. I don't think that is a bad thing though at all, while we may miss out on some targets we hopefully won't be left in the current situation where we have been left paying top dollar for any club looking to move someone on.

Good for Brands, get it known around football that Everton are negotiating a hard bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.