Everton on TV in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

I noticed that Everton/West Brom is showing on ESPN3 without the (Live Only) warning. Does that mean it'll be available on Replay later that evening? I'm not going to be able to watch it live.

On a side note, ESPN annoys me on weeks like this. They have exclusive control of 5 matches on Tuesday and Wednesday but are only showing 1 on ESPN2. Everything else is on ESPN3. At least Fox Soccer tries to show all their matches (either live or on replay).

What's the deal with NBC for the next season? if I so it would be awesome to watch Everton more frequently here in the US. They showing less and less Everton games on FSC this season.

What's the deal with NBC for the next season?

NBC Premier League Deal

• 200 games will be available on the NBC networks in six time periods on Saturday, Sunday and Monday during the league’s 10-month season
  • NBC will televise up to 380 games a season on the NBC broadcast network, the NBC Sports Network and at least two other cable networks
  • NBC has no plans to resell any of the games to another network, as Fox Soccer now does, sublicensing about a fifth of its games to ESPN
  • Telemundo and mun2 — also NBC Universal networks — will carry Premier League games

NBC Premier League Deal

• 200 games will be available on the NBC networks in six time periods on Saturday, Sunday and Monday during the league’s 10-month season
  • NBC will televise up to 380 games a season on the NBC broadcast network, the NBC Sports Network and at least two other cable networks
  • NBC has no plans to resell any of the games to another network, as Fox Soccer now does, sublicensing about a fifth of its games to ESPN
  • Telemundo and mun2 — also NBC Universal networks — will carry Premier League games

Honestly think this is terrific! Better advertising opportunities on NBC than FSC, I wonder if that revenue makes it back to the club?

NBC Premier League Deal

Sounds good to me. I guess the "200" number is live games? That would mean about 5 live games per match week. That's pretty much what Fox & ESPN have been doing. The "380" mark is the total number of Premier League games during a season so that would mean they intend to show Replays of matches they didn't show Live. That's a relief. I was worried they either wouldn't show those games at all or just relegate them to an online website. As long as I can watch every Everton match, I'm happy.

I wonder if any of these NBC networks will require a subscription. They spent so much money on this deal that I would think they almost have to create a subscription service. Since I'm paying $25 a month for Fox Soccer channels, hopefully it's less than what I currently pay.

More info:

NBC will also produce pre-match, post-match, recap and highlight shows. They plan to offer every single Premier League match on at least one of their platforms.

NBC's English-language networks will televise six live games a week. One or two of the company's other cable channels will also be used, but which has not been determined yet as schedules are evaluated. Other games will be streamed live online.

Status
Not open for further replies.