Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.

[LISTEN] Everton back in Europe, Ruzemberok and pasty fillings via GrandOldTeam

EVERTONEUROPE-150x150.jpg

Adam and Groucho look ahead to the game with Ruzemberok at Goodison on Thursday night.

The post [LISTEN] Everton back in Europe, Ruzemberok and pasty fillings appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

[OPINION] Mental Health via GrandOldTeam

goodisonpark-150x150.jpg

Aaron Lennon’s return to training has spurred me on to write a few things about mental health, and the thread we have on GrandOldTeam about help on the issue.

I am extremely pleased to see the return to training of a man who was clearly in turmoil. While his method of a cry for help was perhaps not what we would advise, his experience certainly shows that once help is sought and provided, it can really improve a persons life.

Aaron Lennon returned to training last week, two months after he was detained by police under the Mental Health Act. #EFC
1f44f.png
1f499.png
pic.twitter.com/StJjLwrR9c

— FootyStats (@FootyStats_org) July 11, 2017

World Mental Health day is a wonderful thing, and retweeting messages of support once a year is great, however sufferers need help all year round, not just when it is trendy.

The thread I began out of frustration for my wife’s experience with post natal depression has helped a lot of people. We’ve even had a few notes saying it’s stopped them from doing something awful. I say this not to pat ourselves on the back, but rather to highlight the good that comes from helping people who need help.

Also, when I started it, never in a million years did I think I’d need the help the thread offers myself – but need it I did. Well done all those who continue to contribute, you really do make a difference.

Fans of all clubs are welcome, please use if needed: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...epression-mental-health-related-issues.62441/

Struggling with the world?

You're not alone.

Check out the pinned thread on mental health in our Everton forum #MentalHealthAwarnessWeek pic.twitter.com/gkCYLuyFDL

— GrandOldTeam.com (@GrandOldTeam) May 11, 2017

The post [OPINION] Mental Health appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton should think twice before signing Gylfi Sigurdsson for £50m via The Guardian

If Ronald Koeman wants a creative midfielder he should invest in Valter Birsa, Ryad Boudebouz or Jonathan Viera

By Martin Laurence for WhoScored?, part of the Guardian Sport Network

This transfer window is taking the phrase “silly season” to a whole new level, with record signings being unveiled throughout the Premier League. Thirteen of the 20 clubs in the league broke their transfer records last summer but Everton broke the mould. Their record signing dates back to 2014, when they paid Chelsea £28m for Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku has nearly trebled in value in three years, becoming Everton’s most lucrative sale by a country mile, and the club are ready to spend a huge chunk of the £75m they received from Manchester United to break their transfer record once again. They have bid £40m and £45m for Gylfi Sigurdsson but Swansea City are holding out for another £5m.

Related: Swansea reject second Everton bid worth £45m for Gylfi Sigurdsson

Related: How will Monaco cope after losing so many of their title-winning stars?

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Manchester City have splurged already but biggest surprises may be still to come | Paul Wilson via The Guardian

Mauricio Pochettino has bucked the trend by not adding to his Tottenham squad but the rest of the top clubs have plenty of spending left in them yet

As well as this summer being remembered for the transfer window in which just about every Premier League club tried to break their own spending record, there is a good chance it will eventually be remembered for something else. To wit: the summer when no one apart from Real Madrid knew whether they had broken a transfer record or not.

Take the case of Manchester United’s Romelu Lukaku, the £90m man, as the back pages have it. When Everton sold him the price was stated at £75m plus add-ons, which might have more or less guaranteed an ultimate spend of £90m but conveniently left Paul Pogba, the previous year’s big-money signing, as the most expensive player in United’s history. So which is it to be?

Related: Everton should think twice before signing Gylfi Sigurdsson for £50m

Related: Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy mocks ‘unsustainable’ spending

Related: How will Monaco cope after losing so many of their title-winning stars?

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.