Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that was reported on Football Insider not The Athletic.

I can't see there would be any chance that you would want slow Harry Winks but the other two could be worth a gamble.

Tottenham’s wage bill has for a few years been lower than Everton’s and in the last reported figures, Spurs was £69m compared to Everton!s £76m and when you take into consideration that Tottenham’s wage bill WAS around 52% of income and Everton’s 92%, even with no paying supporters I doubt Tottenhams’s ratio will be as high as Everton’s.

Anyway that’s not why I came here.
The Athletic says that Everton are looking at 3 out of favour Spurs players so probably b.s.

Gazzaniga. Could be a good keeper and I was very surprised that OAP Hart took his place as number 2.

Dele. Was fantastic for 3 or 4 years but his form has fell off a cliff in the last 18 months but he could get it back and a change of club would be good for him.

Winks. Never have I not wanted to see a regular starter in the line-up, he doesn’t do much and what he does do is well average but I was well pleased Mourinho finally dropped him after about 5 games ago.
If you were to take all three and paid more than £50m then you will have again paid a North London club to much.

Are you sure on those wages numbers mate?

As for the players, not sure on Gazzaniga, never really done much and Olsen has filled that spot. I still think we may go heavy for Donnarumma, probably a favour for letting Kean go for something reasonable.

Dele, oddly I'd take him. Ancelotti is an excellent man manager and at his best is very good. Clearly fallen out with Mourinho, but Alli at 90% is very good for us.

Winks, looks neat and tidy but really not sure on that one at all.

I'll be honest, not sure we will be looking to pay much in fees, maybe loans.

As for the players, not sure on Gazzaniga, never really done much and Olsen has filled that spot. I still think we may go heavy for Donnarumma, probably a favour for letting Kean go for something reasonable.

Dele, oddly I'd take him. Ancelotti is an excellent man manager and at his best is very good. Clearly fallen out with Mourinho, but Alli at 90% is very good for us.

It was what I read but the wages does seem be on the low side so it may be an older article but even if it was an older article I still doubt that the % of Spurs ratio of income to wages would be as high as Everton’s.

Of the 3 players, I think the safest bet and value for money would be the keeper Gazzaniga. He could be very good and for many years.

Last edited:

Id be going for Donnarumma like you say...bring him in and find a buyer for Pickford.

Milan may even do a straight swap seeing as Donnarumma is out of contract in the summer.

Dele Alli would be a roll of the dice and at £100k+ a week wouldnt be worth it.

Probably the only England international id be looking at now would be Bukayo Saka bit it would take top 4 and a huge fee to prise him away.

6th highest wage bill in the prem I read, £148m.

It was what I read but the wages does seem be on the low side so it may be an older article but even if it was an older article I still doubt that the % of Spurs ratio of income to wages would be as high as Everton’s.

Of the 3 players, I think the safest bet and value for money would be the keeper Gazzaniga. He could be very good and for many years.

I think they look out mate, probably stick a 1 in front of both! I think our wages are towards 140, and after quite a splurge last season doubt you're getting much change from 160m. The wages to turnover is more to do with the higher income you have than the wages.

As for Gazzaniga, he looks a good height. I just worry about him, as like you you kind of think he will be good for the future, but he's going to be 29 in January. I'm not sure how much better he will get, and as you say not displacing Joe Hart is a worry.

I actually think Winks could be ok. I know you're not a fan, but I remember years ago watching Tom Carroll at Goodison and he ran the midfield. I see Winks as a bit similar to him. Hes a good passer and reads the game quite well. It would probably be a good fit, similar to Darron Gibson when he first came.

Alli I think could be a good signing for someone. There's a top player in there, but fo rwhatever reason it hasn't happened at Spurs and probably won't. I think Mourinho wanted him at the level Kane/Son are at as the third guy. Maybe a different enviroment, with a different manager could work for him?

I think they look out mate, probably stick a 1 in front of both! I think our wages are towards 140, and after quite a splurge last season doubt you're getting much change from 160m. The wages to turnover is more to do with the higher income you have than the wages.

As for Gazzaniga, he looks a good height. I just worry about him, as like you you kind of think he will be good for the future, but he's going to be 29 in January. I'm not sure how much better he will get, and as you say not displacing Joe Hart is a worry.

I actually think Winks could be ok. I know you're not a fan, but I remember years ago watching Tom Carroll at Goodison and he ran the midfield. I see Winks as a bit similar to him. Hes a good passer and reads the game quite well. It would probably be a good fit, similar to Darron Gibson when he first came.

Alli I think could be a good signing for someone. There's a top player in there, but fo rwhatever reason it hasn't happened at Spurs and probably won't. I think Mourinho wanted him at the level Kane/Son are at as the third guy. Maybe a different enviroment, with a different manager could work for him?

I hadn’t realised Gazzaniga was as old as 28 but if he were to turn out to be as competent as I think he could be he would still be good for at least 5 years.

As for Dele. He isn’t out of the team not because he doesn’t get on with Mourinho, he’s out of the team cos he has been poor for over 18 months.

Winks. He is slow and rubbish, will probably take Noble’s place at West Ham (he’s very highest possible level.)

Tottenham’s wage bill has for a few years been lower than Everton’s and in the last reported figures, Spurs was £69m compared to Everton!s £76m and when you take into consideration that Tottenham’s wage bill WAS around 52% of income and Everton’s 92%, even with no paying supporters I doubt Tottenhams’s ratio will be as high as Everton’s.

Anyway that’s not why I came here.
The Athletic says that Everton are looking at 3 out of favour Spurs players so probably b.s.

Gazzaniga. Could be a good keeper and I was very surprised that OAP Hart took his place as number 2.

Dele. Was fantastic for 3 or 4 years but his form has fell off a cliff in the last 18 months but he could get it back and a change of club would be good for him.

Winks. Never have I not wanted to see a regular starter in the line-up, he doesn’t do much and what he does do is well average but I was well pleased Mourinho finally dropped him after about 5 games ago.
If you were to take all three and paid more than £50m then you will have again paid a North London club to much.
LOL

As if you have just made a load of numbers up for no reason.

Evertons wage bill last year was 162m.

I still doubt that the % of Spurs ratio of income to wages would be as high as Everton’s.

Not even close. Recently anyrate, which is what matters.

But in this mad world, we are less impacted by no crowds than you. So next season, who knows?

LOL

As if you have just made a load of numbers up for no reason.

Evertons wage bill last year was 162m.

I didn’t make anything up cos this dated 29th of August was what I read.

Seems like it’s wrong but you laughing at a Spurs possible financial ruin is you burying your head in the sand regarding Everton’s wages eating up 92% of income.
I wouldn’t laugh at your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.