Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham’s wage bill has for a few years been lower than Everton’s and in the last reported figures, Spurs was £69m compared to Everton!s £76m and when you take into consideration that Tottenham’s wage bill WAS around 52% of income and Everton’s 92%, even with no paying supporters I doubt Tottenhams’s ratio will be as high as Everton’s.

Anyway that’s not why I came here.
The Athletic says that Everton are looking at 3 out of favour Spurs players so probably b.s.

Gazzaniga. Could be a good keeper and I was very surprised that OAP Hart took his place as number 2.

Dele. Was fantastic for 3 or 4 years but his form has fell off a cliff in the last 18 months but he could get it back and a change of club would be good for him.

Winks. Never have I not wanted to see a regular starter in the line-up, he doesn’t do much and what he does do is well average but I was well pleased Mourinho finally dropped him after about 5 games ago.
If you were to take all three and paid more than £50m then you will have again paid a North London club to much.
The keeper wouid purely be A back up, we will be buy a top keeper next summer

Ali I always thought was overrated, great in the box, average outside it. Not for me Abd spurs wouid probably want a fortune, which he wouldn’t be worth.

winks is pony, wouldn’t get in our team now and if he was at Everton, he’d be nowhere near the England squad. Another overhyped English player, playing for a London club.

but thanks for coming on here

Tottenham’s wage bill has for a few years been lower than Everton’s and in the last reported figures, Spurs was £69m compared to Everton!s £76m and when you take into consideration that Tottenham’s wage bill WAS around 52% of income and Everton’s 92%, even with no paying supporters I doubt Tottenhams’s ratio will be as high as Everton’s.

Anyway that’s not why I came here.
The Athletic says that Everton are looking at 3 out of favour Spurs players so probably b.s.

Gazzaniga. Could be a good keeper and I was very surprised that OAP Hart took his place as number 2.

Dele. Was fantastic for 3 or 4 years but his form has fell off a cliff in the last 18 months but he could get it back and a change of club would be good for him.

Winks. Never have I not wanted to see a regular starter in the line-up, he doesn’t do much and what he does do is well average but I was well pleased Mourinho finally dropped him after about 5 games ago.
If you were to take all three and paid more than £50m then you will have again paid a North London club to much.

Oh I know our wage bill is huge mate. Wasn't really saying in that sense. Just mean, Spurs have spent money - whether on fees or wages (how much of Bale's are you paying?).

Donnarumma is a no - Milan are flying and playing consistent enough to claim a Champions League spot and if they don't, Juventus will swoop in.

Seeing the Spurs links are just lazy. 3 out of form players so who can we link them to who can pay decent wages and known to chuck money at pap, oh Everton.

Donnarumma is a no - Milan are flying and playing consistent enough to claim a Champions League spot and if they don't, Juventus will swoop in.

Seeing the Spurs links are just lazy. 3 out of form players so who can we link them to who can pay decent wages and known to chuck money at pap, oh Everton.

:oops::oops:

That last part of your sentence worries me, we have chucked a lot of money at pap.....lets hope lessons are learnt.....

I wouldn't go anywhere near Alli, even when he was on top of his game you always felt it was a player that was fairly average but just on an extended hot streak!

Gazzaniga is OK, but to be honest I think Hugo Loris is the most overrated goalkeeper in the league and only 2nd to Pickford in mistakes, Joe Hart is tosh so being 3rd choice to them pair isn't that great.

Winks would be a decent addition, cant see them loaning him though

I wouldn't go anywhere near Alli, even when he was on top of his game you always felt it was a player that was fairly average but just on an extended hot streak!

Gazzaniga is OK, but to be honest I think Hugo Loris is the most overrated goalkeeper in the league and only 2nd to Pickford in mistakes, Joe Hart is tosh so being 3rd choice to them pair isn't that great.

Winks would be a decent addition, cant see them loaning him though

Mad take. Lloris has been one of the best and most consistent keepers over the past ten years. You don't rack up 120 French caps for no reason.

Swerve Winks, injured half the time and another sideways pass merchant.

Alli is like Barkley in that he drives forward and carries the ball something we dont really have in the team - Doucoure does this but he's made to defend more in this system and cover James.

Think its absolute paper talk though as we realistically need another defensive midfielder rather than an attacking one to partner Allan and allow Doucoure to push forward.

We gonna sign Jesus Corona from Porto or what?

Would be a nice souvenir from 2020
He'd be perfect for the role Iwobi played on Sunday tbf. Not seen much of him obviously but know he's highly rated and can play all down the right hand side

Mad take. Lloris has been one of the best and most consistent keepers over the past ten years. You don't rack up 120 French caps for no reason.

Swerve Winks, injured half the time and another sideways pass merchant.
Lloris is the good version of Pickford for me. Similar styles and make similar errors as a result - just Lloris makes far fewer of them. I don't think he's one of the best around though, however many international caps he has.

Lloris is the good version of Pickford for me. Similar styles and make similar errors as a result - just Lloris makes far fewer of them. I don't think he's one of the best around though, however many international caps he has.
I disagree, loris is a class above Pickford has been a very good, consistent keeper. In and around the top 3 keepers every season.

He’s made countless top saves over the years to win them points, even v city. Ok it was 2-0 at the time and only 7/8 mins to go, but he made an excellent save. Goes 2-1 who knows.

Pickford hardly makes saves for us. Last season he was statistically the 2nd worst keeper behind kepa, this year so far he’s the worst.

It was the same with Howard, a bang average keeper who stayed for 10yrs. And a lot fans, were like yes he’s a good keeper, not for me he wasn’t, hardly made great saves and let us down in big games IE cup final 09, semi 2012

We won’t ever compete unless we go and get a top top keeper. Proof is in the pudding. De gea single handily got an average Utd top 4 for a few season. Liverpool with Alison, city to a lesser extent with Ederson. Just go through history.

Southall’s injury in 86 definitely cost us the league imo. Yes Lineker missed them chances against Oxford. But southall was the best in the world at the time. And was a huge miss

He said he would sign a new contract before this season started, he's now dragging it out and the club are getting cheesed off with him. He's only played a couple of games this season as Pedro Neto and Daniel Podence are now seen as the managers first choice wide men.

I'd bring him in if possible. He has that directness that Richy has and a good work rate as well

Status
Not open for further replies.