Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want people who can play football.

Gana cant.

He wasn’t good enough on the ball at his peak for us and some want him back. My abiding memory is Coutinho just waltzing past him at Anfield like he wasn’t there. He’s not even a decent defensive midfielder, he preferred pressing forward whilst Schneiderlin sat deep.

The win rate of the team when him Schneiderlin and Siggurdson were the midfield trio was absolutely abysmal. I’ve no idea why anyone would want to reunite 2/3 of that trio of tripe.

He wasn’t good enough on the ball at his peak for us and some want him back. My abiding memory is Coutinho just waltzing past him at Anfield like he wasn’t there. He’s not even a decent defensive midfielder, he preferred pressing forward whilst Schneiderlin sat deep.

The win rate of the team when him Schneiderlin and Siggurdson were the midfield trio was absolutely abysmal. I’ve no idea why anyone would want to reunite 2/3 of that trio of tripe.

You never liked Gana, but I mean he was genuinely excellent for us.

Even with Allan, you see him not get close in the same way Gana would. If he went in for a tackle, he'd win it.

That being said, I know he's not actually what we need.

I don't actually think we should be looking for a holding midfielder. Just think we're in much more need of a ball carrier who can actually create.

They want people who can play football.

Gana cant.

As long as the team can play football, not all individuals have to...

_110338987_moyes.jpg

You never liked Gana, but I mean he was genuinely excellent for us.

Even with Allan, you see him not get close in the same way Gana would. If he went in for a tackle, he'd win it.

That being said, I know he's not actually what we need.

I don't actually think we should be looking for a holding midfielder. Just think we're in much more need of a ball carrier who can actually create.
Well I really liked Gana.

At times he was excellent for us, but other times not so great, but I liked him enough.

I just don't understand the pining for him, hes moved on, we should as well.

We got a cracking fee for him.

At times he was excellent for us, but other times not so great, but I liked him enough.

I know mate, my post was mostly in jest.

I'm hoping we can get Gbamin to stay fit and that solves the need for a holding mid. Would rather put wages and dosh towards more attacking talent to give that area of the pitch some balance and drive.

I am not saying we should buy him, but I can see why Carlo might. However, this "story" could just as easily be an agent looking for a final deal for his client. I'm pretty neutral on this one.
Depressingly like the Ginola Gazza days

Seen about 10 minutes of the 1st half and it was better than our game
Bored as I was I watched the whole game.
IMO the technique and pattern of play was woeful and whilst we were bad last night O thought we looked far more cohesive than either of the Old Firm.
I'd go further and suggest that a decent Championship team like Brentford would beat either fairly comfortably.

I personally am not pining for Gana himself as much as I think a player LIKE Gana would really help us as it would allow our CMs to push up more. Like @BlueToff said I hope Gblammo can be the replacement but we don't even know if he'll even play again with how quiet the club is with him. If we could get in a player like Gana or even Gana himself on a loan I think it could really help us in the immediate. Also I know Gana liked to push forward but he was excellent in breaking up the plays of the opposition. If we could get someone to just sit back there and do that I think we'd have more freedom to push forward more.

Personally I'd love Laimer from RB Leipzig but I know we don't have £30m to spend in January on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.