Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally am not pining for Gana himself as much as I think a player LIKE Gana would really help us as it would allow our CMs to push up more. Like @BlueToff said I hope Gblammo can be the replacement but we don't even know if he'll even play again with how quiet the club is with him. If we could get in a player like Gana or even Gana himself on a loan I think it could really help us in the immediate. Also I know Gana liked to push forward but he was excellent in breaking up the plays of the opposition. If we could get someone to just sit back there and do that I think we'd have more freedom to push forward more.

I guess with Khedira it would just be his task to sit there and let everyone else do the running.

But honestly, our issue comes from not being able to keep the ball well enough in the final third, hardly ever camp on a team's box for a sustained spell of possession.

IMO we're in much more need of a ball-carrier than a holding player.

I guess with Khedira it would just be his task to sit there and let everyone else do the running.

But honestly, our issue comes from not being able to keep the ball well enough in the final third, hardly ever camp on a team's box for a sustained spell of possession.

But wouldn't that free up Doucoure and Allan to do that role when Allan gets fit? Because we have using Allan to sit deep most games and try to be the guy who breaks up plays when you see him being quite effective at running at opponents.

That comes from everyone though. Richarlison can retain the ball brilliantly but he didn’t last night. DCL has good hold up play. Iwobi can keep possession. James too. Last night though they either weren’t playing or weren’t on it. Then you have the likes of Davies Siggurdson Coleman Bernard who struggle to keep the ball on a good day. We need players form one to 11 who use the ball well, not just in the attacking third. So many of our attacks break down because Coleman balloons it over the box. Getting a right back who can look after the ball would increase our attacking play.

That’s why I wouldn’t want Gana because I don’t think he’s particularly good on the ball and last night was a prime example of a team that completely lost their way because a few players were sloppy in possession and it spread like a virus.

Doucoure started the game doing feints and flicks round the corner, being progressive on the ball, looking forward, looking like a top box to box midfielder who had just won 4 games in a row. But continuous bad play from those around him knocked the confidence of everyone and by the end of the match Doucoure was back to bumbling about with it just to pass it back to the centrebacks. The same thing happened in the cup game against United. For some bizarre reason Keane messed up his first three simple passes on the ball and we conceded possession three times. It took us 20 minutes to recover as then other players started doing silly things on the ball.

1-26 of players with pace, power, and can look after the football. Until that point we’ll continue to be also rans. I don’t want us buying any player that doesn’t fit into that category. The only exception to this if you can find a world class creative mid like Pirlo Zidane who might not be blessed with pace but you can carry them. We’ve chosen James for that role so we now can’t afford any others without pace.

I'm not really ignoring it. Those guys aren't midfielders they're strikers so it isn't exactly apples to apples is all.

Toney is really good too fwiw, I just rate Buendia higher.
Hes a forward, they are all forwards.

I mean I can get your posts in which you constantly claim Iceland isn't a midfielder, if you want?

lol lol lol

Bend the knee or I will finish you.
I'm really serious about that last post. Sigurdsson doesn't pass forward, dribble, defend or create from open play. Buendia does all of that at a reasonable level.

I think people will see very quickly with Buendia. He's sort of like that Watkins at Villa where the perception was everyone was ignoring how good he was because the PL clubs saw something that the casuals didn't. Turns out they just didn't see it.

I'm really serious about that last post. Sigurdsson doesn't pass forward, dribble, defend or create from open play. Buendia does all of that at a reasonable level.

I think people will see very quickly with Buendia. He's sort of like that Watkins at Villa where the perception was everyone was ignoring how good he was because the PL clubs saw something that the casuals didn't. Turns out they just didn't see it.
I think thats cos I havent watched a Championship game since before it was called Division 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.