Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean there is the circa £200,000 in wages we couldn't afford.
200k a week is 10mil a year.

1/2 a season is 5mil. Probably less as he would only be with us for 4 1/2 months.

Barce we’re desperate to get rid for a bit so would probably accept someone paying 1/2 to 3/4 of these wages.

Probably cost 2-3 mil, maybe more with a loan fee. It’s not nothing, but really isn’t all that much (in terms of the premier league) to get someone in for half a season with world class ability (if very inconsistent of late).

Still, we’ve gone for el ghazi. I can’t really see it working but I wish him well and hope he gives us a decision to make in the summer.

Everything bad is going to be pinned on Rafael between now and the end of the season. They may as well blame him because A, the fans don’t like him B, a lot of it is his fault and C, his compensation agreement means he probably isn’t allowed to respond.

200k a week is 10mil a year.

1/2 a season is 5mil. Probably less as he would only be with us for 4 1/2 months.

Barce we’re desperate to get rid for a bit so would probably accept someone paying 1/2 to 3/4 of these wages.

Probably cost 2-3 mil, maybe more with a loan fee. It’s not nothing, but really isn’t all that much (in terms of the premier league) to get someone in for half a season with world class ability (if very inconsistent of late).

Still, we’ve gone for el ghazi. I can’t really see it working but I wish him well and hope he gives us a decision to make in the summer.

Everything bad is going to be pinned on Rafael between now and the end of the season. They may as well blame him because A, the fans don’t like him B, a lot of it is his fault and C, his compensation agreement means he probably isn’t allowed to respond.

The club are exceeding PL profit and sustainability rules. I imagine the club are in conversations with the league to avoid a potential points deduction. One way might be to show the league you are cutting costs and bringing your wage bill back to a sustainable level (around 70% of turnover). Adding £200,000 is the opposite of that.

The club are exceeding PL profit and sustainability rules. I imagine the club are in conversations with the league to avoid a potential points deduction. One way might be to show the league you are cutting costs and bringing your wage bill back to a sustainable level (around 70% of turnover). Adding £200,000 is the opposite of that.
Good points.

Had no idea we are close to an actual points deduction. Very worrying stuff given our current position. We‘ll probably be relegated if if they do deduct points. Have you any dates when a decision is to be made with this?

At the same time as the off the field stuff, although it is also very important.

Did you watch us play Norwich at the weekend? We are really really awful.

No harm in a player of Coutinho‘s ability.

Good points.

Had no idea we are close to an actual points deduction. Very worrying stuff given our current position. We‘ll probably be relegated if if they do deduct points. Have you any dates when a decision is to be made with this?

At the same time as the off the field stuff, although it is also very important.

I don't know if we are close to one but that is what is what the league could do in response to us breaking the Profit and Sustainability rules. I imagine it would be the last thing to happen, especially if the club are actively speaking the league and working to improve things. I know nothing of dates but the Swiss Ramble and The Esk on Twitter are very knowledgable on these things.

That said, it is always worth remembering that the likes of The Esk look at the facts available to them and the big unknown is the tricks billionaires like Moshiri and Usmanov can pull to fix these types of problems.

With regards to the match, I did watch us and we were awful. Not sure Coutinho is the player we need though. We need a new DM (preferably with legs) and a CB over anything.

As an aside, Vienna is one of favourite cities. Been a few times and love it!

My proposal to rebuild the staff. You need a smart coach and a lot of money for transfers. You have to take young players like Leicester.

Attachments

• ecve.jpg
    ecve.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 141

Tehttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ton-search-Benitezs-successor-stay-squad.html
This is literally the only thing the Daily Hate has ever written that I've agreed fully with!
The only ones where I was unsure were Gomes (due to the price we'd get vs. replacement and what he'd give us from the bench. He still has a skill set which others don't have) and Gbamin (I know, but... Nah, scrap that. I don't know. Just a feeling, or scrabbling for some positives). Keane and Davies, I'd keep till the summer. Coz incomings are not to be expected (though would be interesting as a insight into transfer "policy" if it did happen) and, too much turmoil as it is.
The rest, agreed. They could go and it wouldn't be a negative and could more likely be a positive both for now (in terms of spirit and fight) and the future.

Trouble is.... Getting rid.......

Good points.

Until we did the subs then we had more go about us but the subbing was too late.

I'm excited to see so much dross leave the door in the Summer. Despite being managerless, ran by a lunatic, at times skint and close to a relegation spot at least the squad will be in a position of refresh come Summer. Lonergan, Begovic, Tosun, Delph, Soggy, Kenny all due to leave. Average age comes down, lots of free wages to play with.
Horrid to think we’ve been paying some of those absolute crabs for years isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.