Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd Kelly with Bournemouth being top would the club also want a big fee for him.

Has anyone actually seen much of this lad to judge if he is a real prospect or just a championship/bottom half PL defender?

I think Michael Keane would look good in the championship with the way they play but he clearly isn’t what we need. When looking at defenders from the lower leagues, we need them to show positional awareness but also an ability to play the ball as well.

I really hope the long term plan isn’t to move to 3 at the back.

I've absolutely no problem with it at all, as long as we have the personnel to make it work properly. I'd argue very strongly that as things stand, we don't

Having said that, Patterson and Mykolenko look much more natural wing backs from the little I've seen of them than Digne and Coleman (more able to get up and down), but we lack the midfielders to do it properly and we certainly lack the centre backs to do it properly

Has anyone actually seen much of this lad to judge if he is a real prospect or just a championship/bottom half PL defender?

I think Michael Keane would look good in the championship with the way they play but he clearly isn’t what we need. When looking at defenders from the lower leagues, we need them to show positional awareness but also an ability to play the ball as well.

He's exceptionally good on the ball. Whether he's good enough as a defender to play at PL level, I really couldn't tell you

I've absolutely no problem with it at all, as long as we have the personnel to make it work properly. I'd argue very strongly that as things stand, we don't

Having said that, Patterson and Mykolenko look much more natural wing backs from the little I've seen of them than Digne and Coleman (more able to get up and down), but we lack the midfielders to do it properly and we certainly lack the centre backs to do it properly
Patterson seems an ideal wing back, but I’m not confident on Mykolenko based on what I’ve read on him.

So apparently we are after a Midfeilder and a Winger in Jan. Hopefully Kulusevski is one.

Gbamin played ok last night tbf, I wonder if this changes our thinking until Jan and moves us away from Longstaff. personally I’d love to see some creativity in Midfield, someone that can actually hold the ball and pick a pass.
In fairness to Gbamin he has had really bad luck and no run in the side at all . Would be interesting if he could keep fit as he is a big powerful lad . Just as likely to get injured out on loan and as things stand if he is fit he will get game time here . Love to see him come good ..

100% hope we arent looking at long term 5-4-1, it is so bad. No wonder teams are scoring from outside the box like MacAlister and Longman in the last two games, its becuase we have a lack of CMs to put pressure on anyone in that area. BUT the most damning is below....

5-4-1 v Brighton
Conceded 3 Scored 1
4-4-2 v Brighton
Conceded 0 Scored 1

5-4-1 v Hull
Conceded 2 Scored 2
4-3-3 v Hull
Conceded 0 Scored 1

My point is :-
5 at the back - Conceded 6 (v Chelsea, Brighton & Hull)
4 at the back - Conceded 0

I know which one I`d prefer! The 5-4-1 has by far the more game time aswell, IT DONT WORK, bin it off Rafael FFS.

What is our performance analysts doing?
Half of the problem with 5 at the back is 4 of them are no use and I am sure one more in midfield that can play is a better option. Not exactly rocket science and cant understand why our manager is not seeing it

I have we don't have the CBs or midfielders to do it properly we never look comfortable in it

Status
Not open for further replies.