Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Paterson will be good enough or not but he's added a new attacking dimension on the right handside which Scotland didnt have.. which suggests to me that he has enough potential to be good enough... but i do agree he hasn't played enough games for Rangers yet for anyone to make a true judgement
Already been mentioned that it was basically impossible to find a RWB who wouldn’t improve us offensively over O’Donnell.

Patterson has still been exposed massively defensively in his few appearances for Scotland to the point I’d be shocked if Clarke started him in the playoffs if O’Donnell is fit. (Scotland two best performances of the campaign actually came against the better teams when O’Donnell played)

And that’s even with O’Donnell looking like he’s loosing his place at Motherwell…

He's not a playmaker so he wouldn't play over Bruno. Arguably he's box to box like Pogba... But he still can't get into the side when Pogba is out.

Just don't think he's conditioned to the prem. Won't be the first Dutch flop that happened to.
I don’t think it’s anything to with being conditioned to the EPL. He just joined a shitshow of a football club who had Solskjaer as their manager

We’re not run any better but I can imagine any other club misusing Van de Beek as much as United

Already been mentioned that it was basically impossible to find a RWB who wouldn’t improve us offensively over O’Donnell.

Patterson has still been exposed massively defensively in his few appearances for Scotland to the point I’d be shocked if Clarke started him in the playoffs if O’Donnell is fit. (Scotland two best performances of the campaign actually came against the better teams when O’Donnell played)

And that’s even with O’Donnell looking like he’s loosing his place at Motherwell…
Pattersons stats are equal to Robertsons whilst playing for Scotland.
But you fail to mention that.

Looks rapid going forward and gets back quickly from what ive seen.

And as of yet ive not seen him make any defensive mistakes ,have you ?

He's done very well for such a young inexperienced lad.

Pattersons stats are equal to Robertsons whilst playing for Scotland.
But you fail to mention that.

Looks rapid going forward and gets back quickly from what ive seen.

And as of yet ive not seen him make any defensive mistakes ,have you ?

He's done very well for such a young inexperienced lad.

Saw that the other day. His tackling stats were very high, which goes against what a few posters have been saying...

My original point was that if we were to sign any Scottish RB then the smart thing to do would be to go for Ramsay. Cheaper, younger, far more potential.

Ironically the main Aberdeen transfer guy up here broke last night that Leicester have started making a move to sign him in January…

The discussion then turned because someone who clearly doesn’t watch Scottish football started claiming nonsense like Patterson was similar to Tierney and that he was a better player than Robertson was in the league. The same poster also claimed Simunovic was the second of Van Dijk and David Turnbull was the next great Scottish talent. It’s almost like he doesn’t actually watch the football and just sees Scottish players being linked in the media and makes up nonsense about them.

My friend, I have no idea what your agenda is. It's a strange one indeed. To sign up to a forum and almost exclusively belittle a targeted player. It's bizarre, particularly, when you use the example of Ramsay as a stick to beat him with. Bizarre as I say. Ramsay will have a fine career though. I have no doubt.

Patterson is similar to Tierney at the age of 20. To say otherwise is, well I assume, agenda driven. Patterson also has similar caps at the same age. Your views on Robertson, whilst in Scotland, you're entitled to them. Mine are similar to the Scotland coaching staff at the time.

To the personal attacks. I liked, very much, Simunovic as a player. Terrible injury cost him his move to Seria A, it put him out the game for two years, the league that Hickey has been average within, I know you dispute that, but I've actually watched him and also commented on his performance in individual games I've watched on here. Turnbull, similarly, a fantastic talent, who had to have a career saving operation after his medical with celtic failed. Was unclear if he'd ever be mobile again let alone play and reach the level he has.

I can assure you, I've been very much involved in and watched the Scottish game for a long time, probably longer than you've been alive given your posting style.

I care not for your opinion on whether the information I'm giving in respect of the actual transfer is accurate or not. Time will be the judge of that. As it was previously. Bonne nuit.

No that's still dumb. At the very least in that situation you need to buy someone high upside. Longstaff is 24. He's not getting that much better.
If it's January and relegation is in the frame, mortgaging the future is a pretty easy call in a cost/benefit analysis.

The same can be true if Europa/CL/silverware are there to be had, depending on how much you value them. Think championship windows in American sports.

I posted this in the Mykolenko thread and am interested in who posters would sign in the u23 age group under £20mil that we could attract at left back:

Mykolenko is 6th of course, and Alt-Nouri who i thought we should sign before he went to Wolves for €11mil is in 7th.

Also heres the u21 list for right backs with Patterson at 61st:

Same question, who would be your preferred right back signing for a similar or lower fee in the same age bracket?

If it's January and relegation is in the frame, mortgaging the future is a pretty easy call in a cost/benefit analysis.

The same can be true if Europa/CL/silverware are there to be had, depending on how much you value them. Think championship windows in American sports.
We've been mortgaging the future for a long time. Time to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.