Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattersons stats are equal to Robertsons whilst playing for Scotland.
But you fail to mention that.

Looks rapid going forward and gets back quickly from what ive seen.

And as of yet ive not seen him make any defensive mistakes ,have you ?

He's done very well for such a young inexperienced lad.
For the second time, where are the that stats are equal to Robertson’s for Scotland? Robertson hasn’t even been ‘great’ for Scotland but this is nonsense

Just because your quick doesn’t mean you can defend anymore than being slow means you can’t defend

Yes. Anyone who’s watched Scotland or Rangers has
He was a calamity defensively against Israel at home
Moldova away he was all over the place defensively and routinely targeted and gave away a stupid penalty
Against Lyon he played Lyon’s striker through one on one with his own keeper in literally the final few seconds
He was the worst Rangers player on the park against Dunfermline who were bottom of the Championship in Scotland at the time and on something like a 10 game losing streak
That’s just this season

For the people who don’t/haven’t watched him. Just think why he wasn’t trusted at u21 level to play RB, it wasn’t even a natural RB that played there ahead of him…
Why isn’t he trusted enough even to give a journeyman in Tavernier a rest against the dross of the SPFL…
Why are his only minutes coming on as part of a front 3 when games are dead…

The fact you can go on Rangers forums and see the amount of people happy to take the money for him says it all. Patterson is more rated on here than any Scottish or Rangers forum on the internet which is genuinely bizarre

The fact you can go on Rangers forums and see the amount of people happy to take the money for him says it all. Patterson is more rated on here than any Scottish or Rangers forum on the internet which is genuinely bizarre

A lot of Rangers supporters on this forum seems to disagree. Call him the most exiting prospect to come through for them in a long time.

I havent seen him play and know nothing of his quality or potential.

I don’t think it’s anything to with being conditioned to the EPL. He just joined a shitshow of a football club who had Solskjaer as their manager

We’re not run any better but I can imagine any other club misusing Van de Beek as much as United

Ralf doesn't want to play him either though.

End of the day the bar for competition isn't very high for him and he still doesn't get a game under 2 different managers says a lot to me rather than him being misused.

So it appears we may be spending close to 40m this window with the very real possibility of only a loan out for Digne.

Either FFP was a simply a cover story for an unwillingness to spend in the summer, or we are prepared to run the risk regardless now.

My suspicion is it’s the former with the board now worried about our terrible form and acting accordingly.

We've dodged FFP due to not spending and selling in the summer. It's the final year of the 3 year review.

We've now got another 3 years before they start sniffing again.

There's nothing for Benitez to resign for over a signing he wants and will get.

You've gone up a blind alley with this stuff about the owners buying players.

The confusion at this club over transfers ended when that clueless Dutch tit was pitchforked; we haven't returned to a DoF role, and that era is over at this club.

The buck stops with the manager either way on players now. That's what I've been calling for, and that's what we have.

….you post as though you know what is happening when you’re as clearly in the dark as the rest of us.

What is absolutely clear is that Brands has not been in control of transfer activity, yet you continue to blame him because it’s suits your agenda. You want managerial control, yet managers have been able to bring their own players in. The problem is, so has Moshiri.

- When Koeman was here we had the incredible situation of Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri bringing in their own players.

- Brands was more circumspect. He has made it clear he brings no players in without the Managers say so. Various managers he’s worked with accept his recommendations to varying degrees. In the meantime, they bring in their own players as does Moshiri.

- Benitez appears to have made it clear to Brands that he won’t consider his suggestions. This makes Brands role untenable and he resigns. The indication is that the new LB is a Moshiri signing. We don’t know for certain, but there have been posts on here suggesting this. As previously, at the moment the situation could be that Benitez and Moshiri are bringing in their own targets.

I won’t defend Brands but blaming him for everything masks the real problems at our club.

Last edited:
For the second time, where are the that stats are equal to Robertson’s for Scotland? Robertson hasn’t even been ‘great’ for Scotland but this is nonsense

Just because your quick doesn’t mean you can defend anymore than being slow means you can’t defend

Yes. Anyone who’s watched Scotland or Rangers has
He was a calamity defensively against Israel at home
Moldova away he was all over the place defensively and routinely targeted and gave away a stupid penalty
Against Lyon he played Lyon’s striker through one on one with his own keeper in literally the final few seconds
He was the worst Rangers player on the park against Dunfermline who were bottom of the Championship in Scotland at the time and on something like a 10 game losing streak
That’s just this season

For the people who don’t/haven’t watched him. Just think why he wasn’t trusted at u21 level to play RB, it wasn’t even a natural RB that played there ahead of him…
Why isn’t he trusted enough even to give a journeyman in Tavernier a rest against the dross of the SPFL…
Why are his only minutes coming on as part of a front 3 when games are dead…

We'd bet get used to Coleman starting 2022/2023 season

….you post as though you know what is happening when you’re as clearly in the dark as the rest of us.

What is absolutely clear is that Brands has not been in control of transfer activity, yet you continue to blame him because it’s suits your agenda. You want managerial control, yet managers have been able to bring their own players in. The problem is, so has Moshiri.

- When Koeman was here we had the incredible situation of Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri bringing in their own players.

- Brands was more circumspect. He has made it clear he brings no players in without the Managers say so. Various managers he’s worked with accept his recommendations to varying degrees. In the meantime, they bring in their own players as does Moshiri.

- Benitez appears to have made it clear to Brands that he won’t consider his suggestions. This makes Brands role untenable and he resigns. The indication is that the new LB is a Moshiri signing. We don’t know for certain, but there have been posts on here suggesting this. As previously, at the moment the situation could be that Benitez and Moshiri are bringing in their own targets.

I won’t defend Brands but blaming him for everything masks the real problems at our club.
Re the Mykolenko one, I saw something early in the stories which suggested he was coming here that said he was a player Benitez had tracked for a while.

Except we are still in talks with Coutinho.

In the summer we had no money to spend. That's why no big deals happened and we were scraping the barrel.
I’m surprised you didn’t know that we had no money in the summer, what with your insider knowledge. I’m sure I remember you had us signing Coulibally, Coutinho, Nunez, Dumfries, Perez and countless others, most of whom you said that we were in ‘advanced talks’ with.

You really do talk some absolute crap, everyone has the right to be wrong now and again, but, you are abusing the privilege.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I thought the profit and sustainability rules were based on a 3 year rolling period?

£105mill loss over 3 years. We're currently sitting in the red by -£35mill (apparently) since 2018/2019 accounts to 2020/2021 (awaiting to be published). This won't include Kean, James, Bernard being punted. Kean will go down as a £30mill asset sold, and the wages of James and Bernard will more or less take us out of the red.

Digne being ousted for say £20mill clears us further going into next season. Add Tosun, Delph, Siggy, all out on contract we'll dive into 2021/22 being able to throw it about a little just as long as in the next 3 years, we're able to keep within £105mill losses.

We kinda press a reset button. Also add to the fact sponsorship rules are changing which provides some more favourable income.

Until our FFP situation improves thats the reality of the situation mate not what I want or dont want.

Lowering expectations is in everyones best interest for the next 1-2 windows as the days of us spending big money aiming for top 6 are shelved for now unless we can manage to offload a few players for decent fees or a mega fee for a DCL/Richarlison/Pickford.
We lowered my expectations when we appointed our current manager, it would be difficult to lower them further with this owner and manager in place.

Video doing the rounds of Longstaff interviewed after the Newcastle game alongside Joelinton and he spoke really well tbf - stated the abuse Joelinton gets is disrespectful and not needed.

Reminded me a little of Townsend in how he spoke/carried himself as a senior type player.

If he does come hopefully he's another of the right mentality to have around the squad after years of bad eggs like Delph, Kean & Schneiderlin taking the piss.
Remember seeing that after the Man Utd game, he did tbf. But what awful questions from the reporter. So unprofessional from him when talking to and about Joelinton, I had to switch it off mid interview

Status
Not open for further replies.