Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fans really take it all too personal. If Barkley coming back for 6 months improves us for a short spell then great. Couldn’t care less about the past.
You’d ignore him openly cheating us out if £15 mil for him to come back and show us how crap he is?!!! Wow

Not to mention the fact that he would never ever consider us either

Which would only reinforce the point.

Townsend isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, and his "price" reflected that. Is St. Maximin so much better that a fee of £30m, or £40m or even £50m is justified?

Nope.

I'd contend that £20m for St. Maximin would still qualify as overpaying.
He reminds me of Adama Traore at Wolves in that on his day, he's almost unplayable but even then his end product is nowhere near good enough. And he's not 'on his day' that often.

When I hear the kind of prices quoted for this type of player, I think Christ! How much would Peter Beagrie go for in today's market?

On a free transfer it makes perfect sense when Delph & Siggurdsson are out of contract in the summer and Gbamin/Gomes' futures are not certain here either.

Until our FFP situation improves we have to bring in these types of players to pad oot the squad.

We already have our own bang average CM academy player. He goes by the name of Tom Davies. Don’t need another

This would be an absolute joke signing but hey, he’s free! Immobile, slow and one paced is the last thing we need in a midfielder.

You seriously have to question Rafael’s rebuild if this is the direction we’re going. Lower half of the prem player we’ll be stuck with for three years of his contract.

Game against Man Utd the other day his best game in the last two years. Can’t say no enough.
Is this how rumours start on social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.