Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always happens

Removed from the situation people's opinions tend to evolve and change over time

I've seen people going from loving Moyes to hating him back to loving him again on here for instance

Wouldn't shock me if even some of Benitez's biggest supporters on here will look back in 5 years time or so and say "I can't believe we let him force James and Digne out like that"
That would rely on them admitting they were wrong.

Seems unlikely.

Maitland-Niles not even in the squad yesterday.
Wonder if we have pre agreed any loan or anything.
He's barely played since he had assurances from Arsenal on playing time

No idea whats gone on, but if we are saying a manager cant take a player, who has been complete pony for at least 12 months, out of a matchday squad as a wake up call then there's no point.
We were more than happy to see Pickford dropped at a time and im guessing he took it on the chin.
Lets see if Digne really cares to be here and fights to regain his place, World Cup years a bad one to be sitting on the bench.
Benitez aside, this is right!

Maitland-Niles not even in the squad yesterday.
Wonder if we have pre agreed any loan or anything.
He's barely played since he had assurances from Arsenal on playing time

I think it was pretty poor from Arsenal to keep him when it was pretty clear he wasn't going to play. If the player was swayed by the promises of game time, he was pretty naive.

Dwight McNeil. Can we see this being done in January?

Patterson at Rangers: not a defender. We should not return to that. We cant afford to train him up to PL standards in the position we're in.

Dwight McNeil. Can we see this being done in January?

Patterson at Rangers: not a defender. We should not return to that. We cant afford to train him up to PL standards in the position we're in.

We can't afford to coach young players? Do we not have any coaches at the club these days, are they all off on holiday or something?

I like Patterson but I'm not too focussed on particular individuals. What I don't understand is your point that we can't afford to train players.

Our only shot at improving is finding young players before they are established and making them better

…I think we need athleticism, though, Mikey. Other than Godfrey, we lack genuine pace and power in defensive areas. I’m also not overly bothered about passing ability, but I think pace is a fundamental requirement. We have too many defenders with no powers of recovery.
I think we need a stalwart. A real profesional.
Someone maybe approaching there 30s who would come in and dominate that back line! Bark orders and use all there experience (abit like how Jonny Evans has done at Leicester)
Someone mentioned Tarkowski, not a bad shout, with Newcastle now getting investment, i doubt Lascelles would be available.

Alot of people wont admit it, bt Ashley Williams was excellent in his first season when we finished 7th, his legs just buckled after that and he couldnt get his head round it! Which sent him into a deep hole

We can't afford to coach young players? Do we not have any coaches at the club these days, are they all off on holiday or something?

I like Patterson but I'm not too focussed on particular individuals. What I don't understand is your point that we can't afford to train players.

Our only shot at improving is finding young players before they are established and making them better
Yoiu known the answer to that. We have coaches, just not good ones.

Anyone bought has to be for the first team good to go.

Yoiu known the answer to that. We have coaches, just not good ones.

Anyone bought has to be for the first team good to go.

My personal view is we need to stop signing older players for fees. We should only be spending significant fees on players 26/27 or younger. Yeah if someone exeperienced comes up on loan or free transfer then go for it. But the days of spending 20 or 30m on those sort of players need to be over.

Top players aren't coming here so we need to find and produce our own. Wasting money on old players with no resale value and no long term upside has put us in this hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.