Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is, but what we do know is that they were no better as players at 22 than they were at 17.

I worry about Simms. He has all the physical attributes to work with, but he’s now 20 and by all accounts is exactly the same player he was in the U18s.
Hasn't exactly had a chance though has he?

We'll never know if Simms is suitable for Premier League football if we never bloody play him

I mean not every player is going to be top level. There's what 200 English lads in the prem and that vs the population gives you a less than 0.5% chance of being a premier league footballer. I don't think it's a reflection on the academy, it's just pure luck if you end up with a Rooney.

Of course it is, but what we do know is that they were no better as players at 22 than they were at 17.

I worry about Simms. He has all the physical attributes to work with, but he’s now 20 and by all accounts is exactly the same player he was in the U18s.

That's more the issue I take with Unsworth and the academy staff. We seem to have had so many talented young payers over the last decade who've stalled as soon as they get to the U23's. There doesn't seem to be a coherent plan for the next stage of their progression.

That's more the issue I take with Unsworth and the academy staff. We seem to have had so many talented young payers over the last decade who've stalled as soon as they get to the U23's. There doesn't seem to be a coherent plan for the next stage of their progression.

….the really good ones will largely by-pass the U23s, it’s not like we’ve been tearing up the FA Youth Cup at U18 level. I‘m not an Unsworth fan but I think too much blame is laid at his door. The problems are more about recruitment than training or development.

Gonna be great to see at least 2-3 players announced within 48-72 hours of the window opening. The club did so well to dramatically loosen the FFP strings over the summer, so surely they will have targeted, approached and agreed deals with several quality players ready to hit the ground running after the turn of the year.

This happens at every club though. Lads naturally reach a ceiling / plateau and don`t really progress any further, hence why the lower leagues are full of ex Premier League academy lads.

Anyone who`s been involved in youth / academy footy, will tell you that it`s like a conveyor belt that`s permanently switched on.

All the lower league clubs in the North West are full of lads who`ve been our books, the RS and Man U, not so much City for some reason.

Very few premier league clubs develop players from academy level to first team level consistently. It’s why we all spunk big transfer fees on talent like Iwobi.
Give us more Sean Pennington and Jonjoe Kenny’s I say.
CE10DCC6-B84E-4386-AF11-97E26DF0B214.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.