Everton. I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us under 30's this is all we've ever known. That's why I am used to nights like last night now and find it a lot easier to get over.

I think a bit of perspective is needed even though it is hard as we've been starved of success for far too long. We were playing against a side that is funded by an Arab Billionaire, is 3rd in the league and going for the title. We're currently a lower midtable team and were last season. The league table doesn't lie over the whole season and it's clear that we will be midtable at best again this season. So to beat them over the two legs was always going to be very unlikely.

Having that hope is what keeps you going (apart from loyalty) but the harsh reality is that this team is not a winning one and at present, the manager isn't a winning manager either. With a bit of luck, some important decisions will be made in the summer and we will push on next season as we still have a very talented team. It's inevitable that a couple of players will go out of Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, McCarthy etc but it won't be all of them. The media will try and sell them all but it won't happen. And whatever we get for them will be significant for us to strengthen the team.

Can anyone honestly say that we could do any worse with a Ryan Shawcross or Robert Huth at the back instead of a John Stones? I think we need a few more of those type of players in there.

Can anyone honestly say that we could do any worse with a Ryan Shawcross or Robert Huth at the back instead of a John Stones? I think we need a few more of those type of players in there.

You have just chosen two players, who when they played together, didn't finish higher than we currently are

For us under 30's this is all we've ever known. That's why I am used to nights like last night now and find it a lot easier to get over.

I think a bit of perspective is needed even though it is hard as we've been starved of success for far too long. We were playing against a side that is funded by an Arab Billionaire, is 3rd in the league and going for the title. We're currently a lower midtable team and were last season. The league table doesn't lie over the whole season and it's clear that we will be midtable at best again this season. So to beat them over the two legs was always going to be very unlikely.

Having that hope is what keeps you going (apart from loyalty) but the harsh reality is that this team is not a winning one and at present, the manager isn't a winning manager either. With a bit of luck, some important decisions will be made in the summer and we will push on next season as we still have a very talented team. It's inevitable that a couple of players will go out of Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, McCarthy etc but it won't be all of them. The media will try and sell them all but it won't happen. And whatever we get for them will be significant for us to strengthen the team.

It is you young blokes I feel sorry for.

Us older chaps and chapesses have at least seen glorious times and known glorious days.

We keep them in the memory bank to call up on days like this.

I hope you have a day in the sun soon......and when it does come believe me, it will obliterate every bad memory you have of Everton failure at a stroke.

Because one moment of bliss makes up for a thousand agonising moments.

;)

Keep the faith, kid......our day will come again.

COYB

You have just chosen two players, who when they played together, didn't finish higher than we currently are

Robert Huth or Wes Morgan of Leicester then, who currently sit top of the league. My point was I think we need a few no nonsense defenders in there to do the dirty work in games to see out matches which is where we are struggling at the moment.

We have a lot of attacking talent so I don't think we are too far off there. It's the defence we need to sort out. Especially stopping crosses, getting blocks in and winning headers every time from set pieces. None of our defenders are doing that at the moment and we are constantly failing to win games because of it.

It is you young blokes I feel sorry for.

Us older chaps and chapesses have at least seen glorious times and known glorious days.

We keep them in the memory bank to call up on days like this.

I hope you have a day in the sun soon......and when it does come believe me, it will obliterate every bad memory you have of Everton failure at a stroke.

Because one moment of bliss makes up for a thousand agonising moments.

;)

Keep the faith, kid......our day will come again.

COYB

That's what keeps us coming back. I know how good it will be if (hopefully when) we do get some success.

Things can change quickly in football. I bet the 30,000 ish City fans who were watching them both last night and at Gillingham can't believe where they are now compared to back in the 1990's/early 2000s.

I had a hard time explaining to the cat that we are just not that good.

Best squad in years, but poorer results than in a long time.

Played Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.