Everton home grown players (Moyes vs other managers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what makes everyone think that if we do let a youngster go, and he DOES go on and prove himself (Baines/Jagielka), they wouldn't bite our hands off to come back? In today's football, most English youngsters will have to prove themselves at a lower level first...that just seems to be the way of the world.

Loving Deaths new reply.

He realises that all the players are gash and is now saying that if they stayed at Everton they wouldnt be AS tosh.

Sometimes a turd is just a turd.

You mean you can't bring yourself to defend a manager who plays Naismith even though he won't give any of our young players the same chance.

You mean you can't bring yourself to defend a manager who plays Naismith even though he won't give any of our young players the same chance.

Thats just it, I dont rate Naismith, I dont agree with EVERYTHING Moyes does.

Ive said in the past that players such as Barkley should be given more game time, but I just think that sometimes we call for players, when their actual ability isnt really all that.

There must be a reason Moyes doesnt play certain players, he strikes me as a Manager that likes to win, I cant think why he wouldnt field the best team possible, I mean, if anytbody could best judge the players within the squad, surely it would be the person who sees how they perform in training, their attitude to training and football in general and somebody who is aware of what kind of things people get up to away from football.

Ive said in the past that players such as Barkley should be given more game time, but I just think that sometimes we call for players, when their actual ability isnt really all that.

There must be a reason Moyes doesnt play certain players, he strikes me as a Manager that likes to win, I cant think why he wouldnt field the best team possible, I mean, if anytbody could best judge the players within the squad, surely it would be the person who sees how they perform in training, their attitude to training and football in general and somebody who is aware of what kind of things people get up to away from football.

Yeah, and why do you think Barkley should be given more game time? Is it because he's the best 19 year old in the world and he would instantly make us twice as good if he played?

Or is it because he's a young player with potential he needs game time in the Prem to actually help him become a good Prem squad player, if not better?

(Yeah sure, that happens at some point, right now he's off on loan but at some point he should play right?).

Yeah, and why do you think Barkley should be given more game time? Is it because he's the best 19 year old in the world and he would instantly make us twice as good if he played?

Or is it because he's a young player with potential he needs game time in the Prem to actually help him become a good Prem squad player, if not better?

(Yeah sure, that happens at some point, right now he's off on loan but at some point he should play right?).

He needs game time, thats why hes gone on Loan.

Im not sure it matter were these players get the game time, but its true that they need it.

Its like when Beckham went to Preston.

/waits

He needs game time, thats why hes gone on Loan.

Im not sure it matter were these players get the game time, but its true that they need it.

Its like when Beckham went to Preston.

/waits

And after he comes back from loan, then what? Play for us or sit on the bench then get signed up by a League 1 side?

Which one will be more likely to make him a useful Premier League squad player?

Chris Baird
Gareth Bale
Leon Best
Dexter Blackstock
Wayne Bridge
Arron Davies
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Tim Sparv
Jake Thomson
Theo Walcott

Are players listed by Southampton as graduates of their academy in recent years - internationals all.

I don't think it's coincidence that being virtually bankrupt has made their youth system flourish, Crystal Palace are doing similar. Unless you cherry pick the best youngsters from around the globe like Utd, Arsenal and Barca it's far easier to get Hitzleberger and Mcfadden on the rosta than give kids a chance.

I can understand managers ignoring potential because they get the sack after 2 yrs on average but it is short term bollox, Moyes has been as safe as houses since 4th over 7 yrs ago and deserves a slap for his lack of home grown.

Chris Baird
Gareth Bale
Leon Best
Dexter Blackstock
Wayne Bridge
Arron Davies
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Tim Sparv
Jake Thomson
Theo Walcott

Are players listed by Southampton as graduates of their academy in recent years - internationals all.

I don't think it's coincidence that being virtually bankrupt has made their youth system flourish, Crystal Palace are doing similar. Unless you cherry pick the best youngsters from around the globe like Utd, Arsenal and Barca it's far easier to get Hitzleberger and Mcfadden on the rosta than give kids a chance.

I can understand managers ignoring potential because they get the sack after 2 yrs on average but it is short term bollox, Moyes has been as safe as houses since 4th over 7 yrs ago and deserves a slap for his lack of home grown.

Southampton have virtually the whole of the south coast catchment area. They make very good use of it

...the manager isn't the recruitment point for new talent. Moyes can't micro-manage to that level. If there is an issue with players not coming through, the problem isn't the Manager. I they're good enough, mark my word our financial plight is such that they will play.
I've read the hysteria on here abour Barklay et al but I can assure you they are not up to the standard. If you have an issue with youngsters coming through, look at the scoutsing system. Both Ray Hall and Mick Doherty have left in recent times but this is such a difficult area that one or two every 5 years is a decent return.

Yes, but why are we not producing players that are better than Naismith? Why are we not producing players that if not good enough for our first team are not commanding transfer fees?

Did you know for instance that Man Utd sold 5 youth players last season for £5.4 million? The year before that they sold youth products for £8.5 million, even more if you count Obertan and Diouf as youth players. The year before £650k. Before that, £5.5 million.

Each year they earn money from their youth system, even if none are deemed good enough for their own first team.

The only fringe youth player we've got money for in recent years was Lukas wotshisname, and we made a net loss on him.

There's three things a good production line can give you:

1) Players that improve our first team
2) Players that improve our squad/bench
3) Players that earn us money (and I don't mean selling players from category #1 ala Rooney and Rodwell)

We don't get anywhere near enough of any of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.