Everton home grown players (Moyes vs other managers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Arsene Wenger says hello.

Second, surely we should give more. Because we're broke and this is the best way to catch a march on our rivals when we can't out spend them.

Fair call, I was thinking English youth because of the discussion the other day on here. He attracts outstanding foreign talent, perhaps he's just better at picking it than Moyes? We've had plenty of young foreign players come and go in the last 10 years, it's obviously a gamble.

Nice thread by the way, forgot to mention that before.

Perhaps the lack of youth coming through is symptomatic of a bigger issue - there just isn't the depth of talented youngsters in the country able to come through.
As an illustration - Osman just received his first cap at the age of 31. Why wasn't there a 21 year old ready to take that spot?
There are a few really good players such as Cleverly, Wilshere etc which are bucking the trend, but as a generalisation I don't think there is a great depth of really good young players coming through at any club.
I don't think there is any black and white answers to it, but I think in general, if a young players shows potential, Moyes will give him game time or at least bench time. We all want them to be given a better chance especially with our financial situation but I don't think many of us would be too happy to see us dropping points because the young players are not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.