Everton FC investigate homophobic chants from own supporters vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goosed this country. We’ve got a Prime Minister who’s has made racist and homophobic comments (as well abeing a mysoginist), getting away with all kinds, but football fans are being investigated over a chant.

I suppose feed the scousers is just banter though, and a bit of fun for those loveable cockney rogues.

In all seriousness, I'm finding it hard to believe that any gay lads ( of my age anyway ) would find this offensive, but, if anyone from Rainbow Toffees is on here and told us that some of their members find it offensive or it makes them uncomfortable, then I'd pack it in ( Obviously, I didn't sing it yesterday, but I have in the past ).
This. I don't care about them Chelsea lot. But if we are taking away from the match day experience from our own gay fans, that's when it should stop. I'm open minded on this one. Rainbow Toffees?

I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans have been hearing the line 'Chelsea r..t boys' for years and probably all season from a handful of people, certain lines have become habit more than anything and when you get some idiot who just repeats stuff they hear like a demented parrot , then you get this kind of thing.

In all seriousness, I'm finding it hard to believe that any gay lads ( of my age anyway ) would find this offensive, but, if anyone from Rainbow Toffees is on here and told us that some of their members find it offensive or it makes them uncomfortable, then I'd pack it in ( Obviously, I didn't sing it yesterday, but I have in the past ).

Is the correct answer.

Regardless of what others sing we will hopefully be good enough to stop if any offence is caused, and it would be unintentional offence. I doubt anybody took offence to it anyway.

Lads, I am of an era where all this stuff was commonplace and no-one batted an eyelid! A lot of what has changed was very much for the better, a little was way over the top. So I am definitely not one who is easily offended and personally believe that the PC brigade now has far too much sway with the media. However, we should not be hypocrites by getting on our own high horses over this. Surely nobody on here seriously believes that the ‘Chelsea rent boy’ chants were meant to be taken as “You lot are paid for sex by both men and women”? come on? The intent was most definitely “You lot are paid for sex by men” anybody who claims other wise is deluded.

why that should be taken as offensive by anybody other than sex-workers is beyond me, but the intent was undoubtedly to suggest that they take part in homosexual acts and As such as somehow lesser people?

Worlds gone mad. What a joke. So they can feed scousers, pay our benefits etc etc and yet rent boys is now meant as an issue. World needs to get a grip

Lads, I am of an era where all this stuff was commonplace and no-one batted an eyelid! A lot of what has changed was very much for the better, a little was way over the top. So I am definitely not one who is easily offended and personally believe that the PC brigade now has far too much sway with the media. However, we should not be hypocrites by getting on our own high horses over this. Surely nobody on here seriously believes that the ‘Chelsea rent boy’ chants were meant to be taken as “You lot are paid for sex by both men and women”? come on? The intent was most definitely “You lot are paid for sex by men” anybody who claims other wise is deluded.

why that should be taken as offensive by anybody other than sex-workers is beyond me, but the intent was undoubtedly to suggest that they take part in homosexual acts and As such as somehow lesser people?
No .
A rent boy isn't necessarily gay was what was meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.