Everton fanbase - how to make a positive contribution to the team's success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a major factor and if we want to see success as fans we need to be disciplined and be part if it.

The same group of players now being hesitant, hopeless and booed were playing some pretty slick skilful and solid football just a couple of months back. The SAME players. The difference is confidence.

First that freak goal in the derby, then a drop in form, then the boos. It's a vicious circle.

I know some will say that they're paid enough, they should man up, they're professional etc.but at the end of it all they're just humans and they have average human mental frailties.

As an experiment, get a thousand lads to dress in red, go into anfield and start booing and jeering each week. Let's see how that effects the team.
It could be an interesting experiment however based on being on the kop, unfortunately, for the derby, sections of crowd booed and abused Salah and Mane when they where substituted, their performances would not appear to have dropped off.

It depends on the situation. Sometimes if people are already under a lot of pressure and holding themselves to account, it doesn't help to pile on more. Silva is ultimately accountable to the board - they will take a view independent of the fans. The media is an external thing that's unavoidable and comes with the territory. The home fans however can decide how they want to act in the best interests of the club. Silva will be best helped by the right sort of fan support. Beyond that, the board will take a view

Wake up, it,s too late save Silva. It,s a timing matter now suspect more bad results will force the boards hand very soon - feels like your asking the fan base to buy the board more time.

Your plan is a day late and a dollar short get ready for the pain.

Wake up, it,s too late save Silva. It,s a timing matter now suspect more bad results will force the boards hand very soon - feels like your asking the fan base to buy the board more time.

Your plan is a day late and a dollar short get ready for the pain.
We're turning into a hire and fire club - is that the right approach?

yeah but in those days we were a bottom half team so he wasn't under performing

he came in saved us from relegation and improved us over time

we could see that improvement and we weren't demanding over night success, it just happened over time naturally

whereas we are going backwards now and under performing

Moyes finishes:

'02: 15th
'03: 7th
'04: 17th
'05: 4th
'06: 11th
'07: 6th

So it’s realistic for us to break in to the top 6 in a manager’s first season? Because that is what a lot of people’s expectations of this season were.

Completely unrealistic. And next year I'd say as well given how things are going.

But it's completely realistic to expect better than a 40+% loss ratio, a bottom half finish, 16 goals conceded from set play headers, 4 home losses, and early cup exits to Southampton and Millwall.

He's underachieving and the set pieces terrify me. You can't be a successful manager in England if you can't even defend a hoofed free kick into your box.

The next manager needs to be someone who unifies the support so that they lift the mood which is awful at the minute. They will need that so they get the time they need. Our appointments always seem to be someone who few people can get behind because they are so underwhelming or Sam friggin Allardyce.

Without wishing to sit on the fence, while I agree with LBH, I also agree that blaming the fans doesn't help either, as this just increases the negativity. I admire players still looking to get on the ball when any mistake is greeted by derision or abuse. Yes, some of the players need to man up and take responsibility, but I'm sure my work wouldn't improve if I was continually told I don't know what I'm doing. Positivity is a real struggle at present, but where the spark will come from, I have no idea at present. An argument like this at least shows we care, whereas the general feeling at the ground appears to be apathy. We need to show the desire that we so obviously have in support of the team, not in criticism. If this makes me a happy clapper, I'm sorry but I refuse to boo.

Fan's are reactive.

It's up to the manager-players to engender passion and enthusiasm.

Everton FC is currently they equivalent of North Korea, we are all starving, but the CEO (Dear Leader) talks of Champions League football, shiney new stadium,and free pies.

Some of us don't believe it anymore.

Too many years of mediocrity and under achievement has taken its toll on the supporters. You can only get behind cack for so long and when there is nothing left to lose, you lose it. The only way to repair the damage and get the support back and consistent again is for the club and players to give them something to be proud of and to get behind and be excited about again. It cannot happen any other way. Has to start with the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.