Homepage Update: Everton Double Swoop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*swerve

nwld.gif

Can we all bemoan the potential loss of McCarthy and Niasse? Burnley might just fall for it...
This is a tragedy, two of our best players? I don't know if I could go on supporting the blues if we allow the very ticking heart of our squad go so cheaply.

*sobs into (early) Friday beer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...phobic-comments-social-media-dating-2012.html

£25,000-a-week Burnley striker Andre Gray suspended for four matches over vile homophobic tweets saying gays should be 'burned'
  • Andre Gray charged for making homophobic comments on Twitter
  • Burnley striker called for gay people to 'die' in posts dating back to 2012
  • The club and Gray accept the punishment and hope it sets a precedent
By Alex Sharp And Jack Gaughan For Mailonline

Published: 18:09, 23 September 2016 | Updated: 22:30, 23 September 2016
Andre Gray was given a four-match ban on Friday for homophobic abuse on social media.

The Burnley striker had been charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the FA. Gray called for gay people to ‘burn’ and ‘die’ and made a racist remark in six posts dating back to 2012 when he played for non-League Hinckley United.

The 25-year-old’s ban comes into play immediately, meaning he will miss Burnley’s Premier League clash with Watford at Turf Moor on Monday night and fixtures against Arsenal, Southampton and Everton.

Gray, who insists he is a changed man, was also fined £25,000, warned about his future conduct and ordered to go on an education course.

Burnley said in a statement: ‘Burnley Football Club and Gray accept the decision, which relates to historical posts made before Andre joined the club.

‘Gray himself regrets the posts and has pledged, in an apology, to continue to improve, both as a person and role model to others.

‘We believe this charge, regarding historical social media posts, should now also serve as a warning to all professional footballers.’

• ‘Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing yesterday [22 September 2016], the remaining three breaches were found proven.

376FB26000000578-3755391-image-a-19_1471989230915.jpg

376FB26500000578-3755391-image-a-20_1471989237533.jpg

376F9EBF00000578-3754873-image-a-106_1471966483552.jpg

376FB26C00000578-3755391-image-a-76_1471992925586.jpg

‘The player was also fined £25,000, warned as to his future conduct and ordered to attend an FA education course.’

The Tweets in question came to light back in August after the striker had scored in a memorable victory against Liverpool.

Gray posted Tweets such as: 'Is it me or are there gays everywhere? #Burn #Die #MakesMeSick' and 'Ladies stop dressin your sons as women in heels and make up... do you want them to end up like #PeteBurns.'

He has since profusely apologised stating he was in a 'a very different point in my life back then'.

FULL STATEMENT FROM BURNLEY FC
    Burnley Football Club and Gray accept the Independent Regulatory Commission’s decision, which relate to historical posts made before Andre joined the club in August, 2015.

Gray himself regrets the posts and has pledged, in an apology, to continue to improve, both as a person and role model to others.

Burnley Football Club takes its responsibility in the wider community seriously, and through its charitable arm, Burnley FC in the Community, will be investing close to £2m in community work over the forthcoming season.

We work closely with all of our players, including Andre, on a wide-ranging variety of community programmes and we undertook 300 player appearances last season, which we will be looking to increase in the coming 12 months.

We believe this charge, regarding historical social media posts, should now also serve as a warning to all professional footballers, and participants in the wider sporting field.

Burnley Football Club will make no further comment at this time.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/20/andre-gray-apologises-homophobic-tweet-gay

“I was at a very different point in my life back then – one that I’ve worked hard to move on from … I have experienced a lot over the past four years and have had to take responsibility for a number of things in my life which has enabled me to mature and grow as a person.”

He added: “I realise I have made some big mistakes, none more so than these tweets, but I would like to stress that I’ve worked incredibly hard to completely transform my life since that time. To clarify, I do not hold the beliefs written in those tweets whatsoever.

“I can assure everybody that I am absolutely not homophobic, and as said previously I can only apologise and ask for forgiveness to anyone I offended. Thankfully I am not the guy I was back then and will continue to work hard both on and off the pitch to become a better person.”

The Rangers midfielder Joey Barton, however, backed Gray against the criticism, tweeting: “I know @AndreGray7 as well as anyone. And he is 100% not homophobic. One of the nicest lads you could meet. Who hasn’t said dumb things when they were young? … He should be held up as an example to kids from troubled backgrounds.”

You don't half like some [Poor language removed] players mate

Why waste your summer picking the established ones who already have fulfilled their potential, or pretending you watch loads of foreign footy while in reality watching youtube clips.

The trick is in identifying the ones you will want next and in two summers time.

Gray or Grey as he is sometimes known, has massive potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...phobic-comments-social-media-dating-2012.html

£25,000-a-week Burnley striker Andre Gray suspended for four matches over vile homophobic tweets saying gays should be 'burned'

Andre Gray was given a four-match ban on Friday for homophobic abuse on social media.

The Burnley striker had been charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the FA. Gray called for gay people to ‘burn’ and ‘die’ and made a racist remark in six posts dating back to 2012 when he played for non-League Hinckley United.

The 25-year-old’s ban comes into play immediately, meaning he will miss Burnley’s Premier League clash with Watford at Turf Moor on Monday night and fixtures against Arsenal, Southampton and Everton.

Gray, who insists he is a changed man, was also fined £25,000, warned about his future conduct and ordered to go on an education course.

Burnley said in a statement: ‘Burnley Football Club and Gray accept the decision, which relates to historical posts made before Andre joined the club.

‘Gray himself regrets the posts and has pledged, in an apology, to continue to improve, both as a person and role model to others.

‘We believe this charge, regarding historical social media posts, should now also serve as a warning to all professional footballers.’

• ‘Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing yesterday [22 September 2016], the remaining three breaches were found proven.

‘The player was also fined £25,000, warned as to his future conduct and ordered to attend an FA education course.’

The Tweets in question came to light back in August after the striker had scored in a memorable victory against Liverpool.

Gray posted Tweets such as: 'Is it me or are there gays everywhere? #Burn #Die #MakesMeSick' and 'Ladies stop dressin your sons as women in heels and make up... do you want them to end up like #PeteBurns.'

He has since profusely apologised stating he was in a 'a very different point in my life back then'.

Burnley Football Club and Gray accept the Independent Regulatory Commission’s decision, which relate to historical posts made before Andre joined the club in August, 2015.

Gray himself regrets the posts and has pledged, in an apology, to continue to improve, both as a person and role model to others.

Burnley Football Club takes its responsibility in the wider community seriously, and through its charitable arm, Burnley FC in the Community, will be investing close to £2m in community work over the forthcoming season.

We work closely with all of our players, including Andre, on a wide-ranging variety of community programmes and we undertook 300 player appearances last season, which we will be looking to increase in the coming 12 months.

We believe this charge, regarding historical social media posts, should now also serve as a warning to all professional footballers, and participants in the wider sporting field.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/20/andre-gray-apologises-homophobic-tweet-gay

“I was at a very different point in my life back then – one that I’ve worked hard to move on from … I have experienced a lot over the past four years and have had to take responsibility for a number of things in my life which has enabled me to mature and grow as a person.”

He added: “I realise I have made some big mistakes, none more so than these tweets, but I would like to stress that I’ve worked incredibly hard to completely transform my life since that time. To clarify, I do not hold the beliefs written in those tweets whatsoever.

“I can assure everybody that I am absolutely not homophobic, and as said previously I can only apologise and ask for forgiveness to anyone I offended. Thankfully I am not the guy I was back then and will continue to work hard both on and off the pitch to become a better person.”

The Rangers midfielder Joey Barton, however, backed Gray against the criticism, tweeting: “I know @AndreGray7 as well as anyone. And he is 100% not homophobic. One of the nicest lads you could meet. Who hasn’t said dumb things when they were young? … He should be held up as an example to kids from troubled backgrounds.”
Tbf the whitney Houston tweet is right

Hes an unsavoury chap

Total plonker. Avoid like you would a shouty angry drunk in a late night bar.

GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Everton Double Swoop?
keanegrey-1024x461.jpg

Everton are apparently set to firm up their interest in Burnley striker Andre Gray and Michael Keane, according to the Burnley Express.

The report claims that although Burnley are prepared to let both leave on free transfers next summer, the club could be tempted by a swap deal with Burnley linked with James McCarthy and Oumar Niasse.

Carthorse striker out, Carthorse striker in.

Status
Not open for further replies.