Homepage Update: Everton Double Swoop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with Vardy whilst I can understand the argument for giving people a second chance and that people change, I would prefer that when you have thousands upon thousands of footballers to choose from, that the club might be able to somehow do without this guy on their list and never have to even ponder whether they are changed or no longer a scumbag.

Somebody is already paying the guy well so it's not like he is on the street flat broke because of those tweets.

I'm pretty sure Everton would say.....PASS

wouldn't you Everton?

answer me, you fiend

Yeah but Libberpwllheli* are bidding £180M for Mmmm'Baps and Munti'ho

*Instead of Libberblackpool they are hoping to entice them with the promise of permanent free use of a Butlins chalet.

Beyond Gray being a homophobe, not sure I'm against it as most other people.

Think part of it is people not being used to buying players for the purpose of being in the squad rather than instantly challenging for a starting job. Look at Spurs with Trippier/Janssen, neither of them was starting in their best team initially but will prove useful over the course of the season.

If Sandro/Gray/proper Lukaku replacement come in they can easily replace the 30 goals we got between Valencia/Kone/Lukaku and mean we are less reliant on one of them staying fit to provide 25 of them.

Beyond that he's turbo gash so swerve.

Reactions: Tez
Mmmm.
Been thinking this for quite a while.
We are all (well most) very pleased with the young ,hungry talented players we have signed or been linked with.
As much as they are players that Koeman wants to play in his particular system they also fit the blueprint Walsh has used and no doubt a factor why he was brought in to the club.
I have been waiting to see who will be our Mark Albrighton or Jamie Vardy , players the Leicester fans must have felt underwhelmed with but went on to have pivotal roles in a Premier League winning side.
They are players that when initially brought in were happy to be squad fillers but performed very well when the opportunity arose.
Looks to me as Andre Grey fits the bill , despite his obvious misgivings he is a very talented lad . Comparing what he would bring to the team compared to say Kone ....well there is no comparison.
For every fan favourite signing there will always be players brought in by management "to do a job" .I nearly cried when we signed Phil Neville.
So if (& a big if) one of those players is Andre Gray well its a case of wait and see , he just may turn out to be decent.

I would say yes and here is my working.

Keane could cost 25 million at least right? I think that is too much personally but the price would be the price. McCarthy is worth 15 probably, niasse 6? So we could save 4 million and get an extra player in who even if they turn out to be crap we could sell for 10 million the following year and therefore make money on the deal.

All that being said, I would assume the Burnley paper mentioning it is no better than the echo so no chance of it ever happening.

Also he might be a complete tit but Gray has scored 34 goals in 2 years as a winger.

Not a bad return for a player

I don't agree with people who like Whitney Houston and call her a legend, so it's a big no from me. Not sure how much he'd cost either...

We've been prepared (as a club) to give a second chance to players who have actually caused harm through assault, DV or drink driving. People, especially young people, make mistakes. Those views are abhorrent; he says he's changed. It's hypocritical to me for people who hero worship Duncan Ferguson to not be prepared to give someone else a second chance.

Of course, if you think he's just a rubbish player, then by all means object.

I don't want Andre Gray forcing his new Everton teammates to listen to Whitney Houston's 'I will always love you' prior to kick-off. #burnWhitneyHoustonCDs #makesmesick

Status
Not open for further replies.