• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is if Everton lose both matches, they can slip to 7th.

I do not understand the overconfidence here. What actually make you think Hull is like a League 2 side and will definiately give Everton 3 points at home?

You should not reply on others to lose points, hoping they don't catch you up!
It's a risk I'm willing to take in order for those incestual bells from down the road to not win the premier league.

a lot of us on this forum live outside the city me included,i think the Liverpudlian evertonians will be just as upset to see the mancs lift the title,so it all comes down to 1 match.We are everton we don't do favours if you want to come to our ground and win the title you best bring your A game.

I understand that, of course I hate to see them win it but if the choice is RS get 1st we get 5th or RS get 2nd we get 7th which option do you prefer?

As other poster have said, do we love Everton more or hate the RS more?
deffo take 7th and they come 2nd. The only time I would consider them winning the league is if we came 4th.

a lot of us on this forum live outside the city me included,i think the Liverpudlian evertonians will be just as upset to see the mancs lift the title,so it all comes down to 1 match.We are everton we don't do favours if you want to come to our ground and win the title you best bring your A game.
no mate.

i would rather ANYBODY win it than the sons of satan. City, Utd, Chelsea.....anybody that isn't them.

I understand that, of course I hate to see them win it but if the choice is RS get 1st we get 5th or RS get 2nd we get 7th which option do you prefer?

As other poster have said, do we love Everton more or hate the RS more?
2nd and 7th.

not even remotely arsed

Its a tough one this, losing to Palace and Saints has effectively ended our CL hopes, so instead of looking up, we are now looking over our shoulder. 5th place means Europa starting later, which gives us more time to, rest a lot of World Cup players,strengthen the squad, and still get in a good pre-season. So to me, 5th is a must and if that mean beating Citeh and handing the RS the title, reluctantly thats the way it will have to be.
However the media w@nk fest and all the kopite bells, will be truly truly unbearable.
Best scenario? we get 6 more points and hope Palace beat the RS 1-0, Ince 90 min + 4! and the sh!te loose it on goal difference.

I'm not trying to be patronising, or say that my opinon is more right than others.

I would have to live with the horror of it too!

I'm just dissapointed that so many blues would even consider wanting to lose to Man City. Especially since losing could mean slipping from nearly qualifying for CL to potentially slipping as far as 7th.

So let me cut to the chase here.

You live in Liverpool and would regard the RS winning the Title as being sommat any Evertonian would regard as being a "horror"?

As I said in my response to you, I can understand any Blue, myself included, wanting us to get something from the game if it improves our position and future well being.

That is axiomatic.

We hold our noses, look the other way and get on with supporting our own team in Europe.

Then you went on to say that you couldn't "give a toss" which team won it.

That is the part of your post I found strange and was responding to.

But you obviously do "give a toss" as you regard the prospect with "horror".

And I think you'll find that is the mindset of most of us at the moment.

If that is the view you are trying to express then just say it instead of putting yourself on some non existent moral high ground and telling decent Blues who think differently that you are "disappointed" in them.

Because it really beggars belief that any Evertonian can just shrug his or her shoulders and be indifferent to Liverpool winning the league.

Especially when you live in Liverpool and know how their supporters will behave for the next twenty years if they do win it.

There is no right or wrong though.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Everton to win.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting Liverpool to win the league.

It's just a bit annoying that it's worked out like this.

Have to agree with this.

It is a shame that we don't beat the like of Crystal Palace and Soton. Otherwise, there won't be such problem exists.

Just to put it into context

Arsenal will probably beat Newcastle tonight. In my head at least 4th is proper shafted anyway.

Everton play: City and Hull

Spurs play: West Ham and Villa

United play: Sunderland, Hull and Saints

It's not too inconceivable that we could finish 7th. But I do concede that's being majorly negative.

It is not being majorly negative at all.

7th is still a possibility and no Europe would be a crushing blow.

Which is why we need Hammers to beat Spurs early doors Saturday so we can be much more relaxed about the City game.

As things stand at the moment I want sommat from the City game but I have to tell you that I would be happy finishing 6th if it means the RS title charge is thwarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.