• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw somewhere that we were guaranteed Europe already (think it was Greg O'keefe) but looking at the table thats not correct, if im not mistaken?

Of course we will - RM will go for a win - no ten players behind the ball though as LFC want that rule banned after todays 2-0 defeat - Ours it will be an open game end to end - we will have key players missing - its up to City to beat us - but I do not think there will be many tears if City win deservedly - We will have to cut down on the own goals though as it will make it hard for us as it did v the Saints! Or LFC fans may think we threw the game!

Maybe that's why we scored those own goals. Precedent and all that. :)

I saw somewhere that we were guaranteed Europe already (think it was Greg O'keefe) but looking at the table thats not correct, if im not mistaken?
Aye, I think at the time we were about 10 GD ahead of United. They can only catch us on points; we need one more point to guarantee minimum sixth, however over this weekend they caught us up three points and six goals in GD swing. Basically if we lose next two and they win next three (they have a game in hand) they take Europe and we likely miss out as Spurs are gonna win their two games.

Ah right.
So basically, an Arsenal win more or less guarantee's them 4th, meaning we need a point from 2 games for guaranteed Europa league.
3 points will guarantee 5th because our goal difference is a lot better than Spurs.
If West Ham get a result against Spurs, we will go into the city game with pretty much guaranteed Europa, I will feel alot better about losing if they do!

Always always everton first. I don't care if arsenal win or not. We need to at least secure 5th. Spurs are only 3 behind us with 2 winnable games left.

Spurs are effectively 4 points behind us because of the huge difference in goal difference and west ham thrashed them the last two times they played.

They're not going to make that up on us. And honestly, even if they do, there's no difference between 5th and 6th. And Man U are definitely not going to catch us, they need to make up nine points with two weeks of the season left.

I know as fans that we like to pretend the last few games still matter for whatever reason so we can get up for them, but lets be real our season ended at southampton, these two remaining games are basically friendlies.

Aye, I think at the time we were about 10 GD ahead of United. They can only catch us on points; we need one more point to guarantee minimum sixth, however over this weekend they caught us up three points and six goals in GD swing. Basically if we lose next two and they win next three (they have a game in hand) they take Europe and we likely miss out as Spurs are gonna win their two games.

if they win every game and we loose both they might be ahead of us with goal difference too.

really torn about the game against city now. If arsenal win, which I think they will, fourth is pretty much guaranteed for them. I am sure roberto won't send our players out without anything but a win in mind, but mentally our players do not need to give it all.

There is a difference between 5th and 6th in that we'd have to play an extra qualifying round to get to the Europa group stage if we came 6th. I'd like to come 5th but really if you could have the option of having 6th and Liverpool losing the title, I'm not sure which I would choose...

Having said all that, if Newcastle somehow pull something Monday night then all guns blazing for the City game.

really torn about the game against city now. If arsenal win, which I think they will, fourth is pretty much guaranteed for them. I am sure roberto won't send our players out without anything but a win in mind, but mentally our players do not need to give it all.

Maybe not deliberately, but if any of our players don't give 100% on Saturday then serious questions need to be asked.

Even against Saints, they were trying, they just weren't very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.