• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If by some Miracle Newcastle do Arsenal tomorrow, It'll be a weird atmosphere on Saturday.

Yes it will. And It would probably make me think about my initial wish of losing change. But again, in the rebuilding stage that we are in, I think a solid premier league season with a top 4 finish, a good run in both FA Cup and Europa league (don't care about the league cup) would set us up better for the challenge of CL football. Remember the failings last time around? Just my thought, yes I want to get into the CL asap, and then win the damn thing, of course I want that for my club. But if anything supporting EFC teaches you its patience, optimism but also a huge dose of reality.

What would people's vote be if you were told the result wouldn't affect our league position either way, which I think it won't. Almost certain to finish 5th.

Here is an indication of how good our season has been. Jose Mourinho actually mentioned us in his post match interview. He said that with our loss yesterday it guranteed Chelsea qualified for the CL. We, Everton could have with only 2 games remaining denied Arsenal or Chelsea a 4th place finish. Not bad eh? I would have taken that last August, or even the end of January when we struggled a little.

We need a bigger squad for the CL. We need more quality and experience in playing Europe as a group of players. The more I think about it, if we qualify for the Europa League, but lose to city and deny LFC the title, It would be my favorite end to a season since 1987.

I stand by my wish of wanting us to lose next week.

Here is an indication of how good our season has been. Jose Mourinho actually mentioned us in his post match interview. He said that with our loss yesterday it guranteed Chelsea qualified for the CL. We, Everton could have with only 2 games remaining denied Arsenal or Chelsea a 4th place finish. Not bad eh? I would have taken that last August, or even the end of January when we struggled a little.

We need a bigger squad for the CL. We need more quality and experience in playing Europe as a group of players. The more I think about it, if we qualify for the Europa League, but lose to city and deny LFC the title, It would be my favorite end to a season since 1987.

I stand by my wish of wanting us to lose next week.
nothing wrong with that wish mate

What would people's vote be if you were told the result wouldn't affect our league position either way, which I think it won't. Almost certain to finish 5th.

If that was the case then I wouldn't be arsed if we lost to Citeh. But I just know that Spuds and ManU would then win all their games, we'd lose at Hull as well and a season which promised so much would end up with us finishing seventh, and out of Europe again. Each to their own but if getting a point against City is the difference between us being in Europe next season or not, then that's what I want, and we might as well go the whole hog and beat them.

nothing wrong with that wish mate

Thanks mate. I hate LFC and all they stand for. They are a horrible organisation and their fans, although I have many LFC friends, are deluded, and generally not nice :)

We will be OK, Everton will survive and a loss against City will Not, in anyway, put a blot on our season. If It means LFC losing the title, bring it on!. Can you imagine the next derby, oh dear, it will not be pretty. But I don't care. We can forever say we hurt LFC, just ones, a little bit.

Now if we beat City and they win the title. Jesus lids imagine that. They would love us and thank us for 10 or so minutes then head back up the "your a small team who will never win, or need to win anything ever again and we ARE the team that represents our city road". FFS no way. I want to hurt them, and hurt them bad.

But I also know Everton, and RM, and the team of great professional we have will go hell bent out for victory on Saturday, its what they do and we love them for it. But close your eyes for a second and imagine the final whistle. We have lost but so have Spurs. Liverpool winning the title is now a very long shot, and we are safely in the Europa League. Queue some songs about titles lost. Hmmmm? Even Better if LFC lost too :)

I expect Hull will have an eye on the Cup Final. But, Long and Jelavic are cup-tied so they would play against us.

Unfortunately I think we will try and win next week!

Of course we will - RM will go for a win - no ten players behind the ball though as LFC want that rule banned after todays 2-0 defeat - Ours it will be an open game end to end - we will have key players missing - its up to City to beat us - but I do not think there will be many tears if City win deservedly - We will have to cut down on the own goals though as it will make it hard for us as it did v the Saints! Or LFC fans may think we threw the game!

Personally I would still want to win the game.

We are a bit of a bogey team for City, they know we have a good record against them and for future seasons I don't want to lose that mental advantage against them.

Thanks mate. I hate LFC and all they stand for. They are a horrible organisation and their fans, although I have many LFC friends, are deluded, and generally not nice :)

We will be OK, Everton will survive and a loss against City will Not, in anyway, put a blot on our season. If It means LFC losing the title, bring it on!. Can you imagine the next derby, oh dear, it will not be pretty. But I don't care. We can forever say we hurt LFC, just ones, a little bit.

Now if we beat City and they win the title. Jesus lids imagine that. They would love us and thank us for 10 or so minutes then head back up the "your a small team who will never win, or need to win anything ever again and we ARE the team that represents our city road". FFS no way. I want to hurt them, and hurt them bad.

But I also know Everton, and RM, and the team of great professional we have will go hell bent out for victory on Saturday, its what they do and we love them for it. But close your eyes for a second and imagine the final whistle. We have lost but so have Spurs. Liverpool winning the title is now a very long shot, and we are safely in the Europa League. Queue some songs about titles lost. Hmmmm? Even Better if LFC lost too :)
Yeah, can imagine the chants they would sing like 'thanks everton for that favour' etc, it would piss me off so much, I hate them so much, 'letting' city beat us would just be letting them know who we are, nothing wrong with it. Seeing kopites crying after the game today though, they actually are expecting themselves to win the league, gerrard doing his little huddle after the city game. Can't wait to see them when city have won it, just lol

Status
Not open for further replies.