Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My West Ham mate just said I hope it’s West Ham Everton. He’s going to be disappointed

We absolutely need to prioritise this and the FA Cup......oh, and 40pts.

Couldn’t care less about European competitions, just win a trophy.

I'd put it above the FA Cup to be honest

The League Cup is easier to win and it's the one big domestic Cup we've never had, so throw everything at that. Any progress in the FA Cup is gravy

We would need to meet Man City as early in the competition as possible...

Winning it would be cool. I'd rather we had a solid league season even if we didn't win the league. For that reason I'm not going to flip out when Holgate and Gibson start every match we play in this competition.

Nah, I'd take 17th in the league right now if it came with either winning the FA Cup or League Cup... It's been a criminally long time since a club like us won something..

If you haven't seen us win anything then you must be under 24.
The average life expectancy in the uk is 80.96 years. If you are a woman it is slightly higher and if you are a man slightly lower.
On average we need to win another trophy in the next 57 years for you to witness one.
Good luck. Its a long shot but lets be optimistic
Or started following/supporting from 2002. Still too long regardless

Nah, I'd take 17th in the league right now if it came with either winning the FA Cup or League Cup... It's been a criminally long time since a club like us won something..
I say it every year but I'd take the pursuit of long term competitiveness over a cup win. I don't want us to get knocked out but I understand why we aren't going to play our strongest XI on a Tuesday night against a Championship side. The league is the biggest competition by far now.

I say it every year but I'd take the pursuit of long term competitiveness over a cup win. I don't want us to get knocked out but I understand why we aren't going to play our strongest XI on a Tuesday night against a Championship side. The league is the biggest competition by far now.

I get the league thing, my 17th in the league comment was tongue in cheek... Problem is, if we don't play a strong team, we will get beat by a championship/League 1 team, our Squad is still very weak outside the first 12/13 players..

I get the league thing, my 17th in the league comment was tongue in cheek... Problem is, if we don't play a strong team, we will get beat by a championship/League 1 team, our Squad is still very weak outside the first 12/13 players..
It's a risk. But also one you have to take to develop depth and rest the first team. If we end up in a quarterfinal then go for it. I don't mind rotation early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.