Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of the stupid change to the semis, yeah I think it is.
I guess the theory is because all the top clubs rotate the squad they are all beatable but that just hasn't been the way it has gone down the years. One team always tends to hang around. The Swansea Bradford final is the lone exception. And obviously Birmingham won too but Arsenal made the final.

I guess the theory is because all the top clubs rotate the squad they are all beatable but that just hasn't been the way it has gone down the years. One team always tends to hang around. The Swansea Bradford final is the lone exception. And obviously Birmingham won too but Arsenal made the final.
The issue is City's B team is stronger than almost every other teams A team. They need the upset with them early. We should be able to beat any other team on a one leg tie. Even City's B team is beatable offer one leg.

A lot of the big clubs will throw a lot of there younger/squad players in for the earlier rounds and they are still good enough to beat most teams, then when it gets to the business of the semi's they start playing their first team more. If we want to win it then we can't really afford that luxury.

People mock this as a "worthless" cup. If you win this you get the exact same result as if you win the FA Cup: Europe. This is easier to win. I've never seen Everton win any silverware, I'd be really happy if we could change that before I die.
If you haven't seen us win anything then you must be under 24.
The average life expectancy in the uk is 80.96 years. If you are a woman it is slightly higher and if you are a man slightly lower.
On average we need to win another trophy in the next 57 years for you to witness one.
Good luck. Its a long shot but lets be optimistic

I will absolutely fume if we go out in the manner we did last year due to starting dross like Davies, Stekelenberg et al.

We aren't in Europe, absolute strongest side in every game.

I want Pickford playing 40+ games this season with a couple being at Wembley.

About time we had a proper go at this cup. To have never have won it during our history is a joke to be honest.

And, apart from the odd time we've been screwed over by match officials, it's been our own fault for not showing the competition enough respect.

I could understand if we were Man City and fighting on all fronts but for a club like us starved of silverware it should be plastered all over Finch Farm and the home dressing room as our absolute number 1 aim for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.