Everton Bygones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anniversary of his death on Sunday.

ERiEob_W4AE_ENz

Found this fascinating book by George Orr I purchased an age ago lost it in my pile of books without reading it...doh -
I found this article which IMO baffles me on why Tony Kay and the other Sheffield Wednesday players did not use this as presidence with the FA as this game between Man United and the red lot was not just betted on but the score fixed with betting odds they did get a initial life ban like Tony Kay, and co and then it was lifted due to war experience which imo is not justified fixing a game is still illegal as it was in Tony Kays era - here is the article from a great book by George Orr - Also ironically every time a world war broke out Everton FC won the league division 1 now the Prem
MF!.jpg

MF2.jpg

Is that in print ?
Yes I mislaid it in my massive archive of books, just started reading it from 2004 - The issue of the banned players from over the park raised my eyebrows, after the four Sheffield Wednesday affair with poor Tony kay getting banned for life special dispensation etc etc its a great read By George Orr and other contributors But George has put the paperback with many photos in it of the war years and the fact we won the league in 1916 sensitivity as he always does as a true blue, and great author,,, I have many books of his in fact far to many blues books which i hide from her indoors.....that's probably how I mislaid this one.... can't remember when I purchased it but it has to be over the last few years...
It's a great read so far;)
It's on the web on amazon -

Yes I mislaid it in my massive archive of books, just started reading it from 2004 - The issue of the banned players from over the park raised my eyebrows, after the four Sheffield Wednesday affair with poor Tony kay getting banned for life special dispensation etc etc its a great read By George Orr and other contributors But George has put the paperback with many photos in it of the war years and the fact we won the league in 1916 sensitivity as he always does as a true blue, and great author,,, I have many books of his in fact far to many blues books which i hide from her indoors.....that's probably how I mislaid this one.... can't remember when I purchased it but it has to be over the last few years...
It's a great read so far;)
It's on the web on amazon -
View attachment 80355
Cheers Joey, always interested in our history.

This is Everton making History over our winger changing the rules over a direct corner, Dixie Dean put him up to it allegedly, the FA only took the weekend to alter the rules pity they could not do the same with VAR today.....
SCHEZ.jpg

RCHANGE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.