Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise that some people have to have some hero to worship. It's just strange to me that you and others are doing it with Brands who really hasn't pulled up trees here if we're onto our second season with a pop gun attack.

It is Brands first season here and we had only just bought Cenk & Walcott in January. You can't just throw players on the scrap heap with little chance to prove they are not up to the job first. That in turn devalues our assets with no guarantee whoever we bring in won't be the same. Last year we hardly had any possession to get an indication of anyone's talents.

We have DCL, Walcott, Tosun, Richarlison, Lookman and even Niasse (with Henry on the books also) to play up front, if none of these can make that central striker position their own by the end of this season then I would expect them to buy in someone else. To do so last summer would have been folly unless there was a world class forward who actually wanted to join us. (I let you into a little secret - there wasn't...)

It's not ignoring, it's not down to me to get the player-type in question in. It's down to Brands.

I realise that some people have to have some hero to worship. It's just strange to me that you and others are doing it with Brands who really hasn't pulled up trees here if we're onto our second season with a pop gun attack.
eeyore-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg

Shane Long and Rondon were advocated by davek as possible strikers who could "do a job" for us.........absolute joke.
It's not ignoring, it's not down to me to get the player-type in question in. It's down to Brands.

How about you wait until the end of January and see who we`ve signed, before you start calling him out ???

I reckon if we won the league, champions league, FA cup and league cup quadruple - 5 years in a row - Davek would still be unhappy.
can't figure out why he follows football, or our club.

Does any aspect of Everton make you happy mate, or give you any positivity?
To stay on topic, Brands is doing very well so far. Looking forward to see who he gets in the summer, hopefully a striker is being targeted, and try to get Gomes and Zouma on a permanent transfer.
We've won nothing for 23 years and we have four failed stadium projects behind us.

So, no.

tenor.gif

Apparently Brands was supposed to recoup at least £60-80m in the summer from Williams, Mirallas, Cuco & co. lads!

Think I've finally heard it all from you now Dave.
To be fair, if he had got money from those deals, he'd be looking at a serious stretch of time for robbery and extortion.

It is Brands first season here and we had only just bought Cenk & Walcott in January. You can't just throw players on the scrap heap with little chance to prove they are not up to the job first. That in turn devalues our assets with no guarantee whoever we bring in won't be the same. Last year we hardly had any possession to get an indication of anyone's talents.

We have DCL, Walcott, Tosun, Richarlison, Lookman and even Niasse (with Henry on the books also) to play up front, if none of these can make that central striker position their own by the end of this season then I would expect them to buy in someone else. To do so last summer would have been folly unless there was a world class forward who actually wanted to join us. (I let you into a little secret - there wasn't...)
It was obvious to anyone that none of those were good enough for the first team this season. Brands didn't see it. Hence the justified criticism.

Why should it wait that long? He's made the error already and we pay for it now.
Dude your such a troll lol. We are better in every aspect compared to last year. just cause we are not where we want to be yet does not mean we haven't moved in the right direction.
Fulham brought in a ton of talent that is good enough to be at least mid table but they are still bottom three. You cant fully transform a team in one transfer window. Even Man city could not fully change in one window. It was not until Pep's second season when he had multiply windows to get everyone he wanted in before they started playing the way everyone thought they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.