Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
eeyore-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg
Some people need hero because they like to feel positive
Some people create anti-hero because they are attention seekers

Why should it wait that long? He's made the error already and we pay for it now.
Dude your such a troll lol. We are better in every aspect compared to last year. just cause we are not where we want to be yet does not mean we haven't moved in the right direction.
Fulham brought in a ton of talent that is good enough to be at least mid table but they are still bottom three. You cant fully transform a team in one transfer window. Even Man city could not fully change in one window. It was not until Pep's second season when he had multiply windows to get everyone he wanted in before they started playing the way everyone thought they would.
Dave he’s not gonna turn the entire squad around in one window.

I think the job he did was fine so far. Have patience.

Brands and Silva had to prioritise in the summer. Let’s face it Harry Kane would struggle to get 20 goals in our team with the players we had in the team last year. Just maybe brands/Silva thought by getting the likes of Richarlison and Bernard and putting Siguardsson in his favoured position that the goals would be shared more around the team, add in the fact the sizeable threat Mina offers from free kicks (although sadly we haven’t seen it) then maybe they thought a top striker wasn’t a priority last window. Having addressed our creativity issues then I consider a striker now to be our number 1 priority. Brands it’s over to you...

Dave he’s not gonna turn the entire squad around in one window.

I think the job he did was fine so far. Have patience.
Yes, I'm aware of that and I do recognise the challenges he had.

However, I refuse to accept that he cant be criticised at this stage. For me there's two major criticisms:

1/ He just tipped 7/8 players out the club to get them off / partly off the wage bill for a year rather than use his persuasive powers (presumably he has them in abundance) to get some of the more saleable assets sold last summer. That failure just stores up more headaches to next summer (bigger ones given they have less time on their contracts and will therefore fetch less).

2/ He is an ex-pro. He doesn;t just do the manager's bidding he evaluates abilities of a squad and moves to strengthen. However, he's looked at that pop gun attack bequeathed to Silva and not acted decisively to make it more potent. For me, it was obvious that the players we had were sorely lacking. Ok, he cant deal with every position in one window, but a goal scorer is pretty fundamental. And now we ALL agree that it is THE problem we have that needs fixing.

I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm just saying he's done ok but no cigar from me.

However, I refuse to accept that he cant be criticised at this stage. For me there's two major criticisms:

1/ He just tipped 7/8 players out the club to get them off / partly off the wage bill for a year rather than use his persuasive powers (presumably he has them in abundance) to get some of the more saleable assets sold last summer. That failure just stores up more headaches to next summer (bigger ones given they have less time on their contracts and will therefore fetch less).

2/ He is an ex-pro. He doesn;t just do the manager's bidding he evaluates abilities of a squad and moves to strengthen. However, he's looked at that pop gun attack bequeathed to Silva and not acted decisively to make it more potent. For me, it was obvious that the players we had were sorely lacking. Ok, he cant deal with every position in one window, but a goal scorer is pretty fundamental. And now we ALL agree that it is THE problem we have that needs fixing.

I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm just saying he's done ok but no cigar from me.

These are not unreasonable points viewed in isolation. However an earlier poster suggested there's an orderly plan at work here, there's little use getting, and then ruining the confidence of, a striker when we have zero creativity in the team. I am generally supportive of people working for us and think we could all show a modicum of Brand(s) loyalty here. He is a blue now and like Silva needs our patience and support if he is to be allowed to do the best for our club!

There were so many areas that needed improving it was difficult to get it all done in one window. Especially a short, post-World Cup window where there were issues getting the manager in.

These are not unreasonable points viewed in isolation. However an earlier poster suggested there's an orderly plan at work here, there's little use getting, and then ruining the confidence of, a striker when we have zero creativity in the team. I am generally supportive of people working for us and think we could all show a modicum of Brand(s) loyalty here. He is a blue now and like Silva needs our patience and support if he is to be allowed to do the best for our club!

That's fine. I'm just retaining the right to criticise an obvious fault that went uncorrected.

There were so many areas that needed improving it was difficult to get it all done in one window. Especially a short, post-World Cup window where there were issues getting the manager in.
I know. I concede that. I just wish others were willing to make concessions on what he got wrong.

Leave the worship of icons to the Kopites. It's how they have always rolled.

...you have said he should be sacked for signing injured players, yet you don’t include that in your ‘major criticisms’,

It’s a nonsense to say he should use his ‘persuasive powers’ to permanently move players on rather than send them on loan. He’d need the diplomacy of Henry Kissinger to get Mirallas, Bolasi and Ramirez to take significant wage cuts at this point in their contracts, never mind ‘persuading’ a club to buy either. Indeed, Brands should be congratulated for moving so many on.

He’s a major job undoing the Walsh/Koeman era.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.