Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a proper striker yesterday we win that game. It's as simple as that. The three we keep on asking to do a job there in fits and starts aren't capable of it.

If a DoF cant see that, what use are they?

What makes you think that Brands and Silva have not looked and tried to bring some one in.

Probably very quietly Brands is doing a lot of work behind the scenes. It would be silly to reveal your hand and alert other clubs.

Do you genuinely believe this, or is it bait? Can't quite tell, but I can't see how any Everton fan could genuinely hold that opinion.

There is no "probably" about it.

We are talking about two guys there that have played for the club for years. Jags is a legend at this club. Mirallas, despite being out of favour these days has certainly contributed to good times in the past. Richarlison has been brilliant so far but its a bit early doors yet - he had a great start for Watford and then disappeared. Hopefully he wont here and the signs look good but I want to see this level continue all year.
Personally I don't rate Zouma, he was shipped out of Chelsea and got relegated last season. Granted Jags is getting on now but his experience will be crucial in an otherwise fairly green defence.

How is Brands getting stick? He's got in good players and rid of some of the worst whilst not causing too much disruption. I've wrote before that this team will need at least 4 transfer windows to get it were it needs to be for me to be happy. At the moment I'm thinking it might not take that long.

Yes we have a right back situation if Coleman doesn't come back to were he was before his injury, and the striker role is in need of upgrade, but I have no doubt that Brands and Silva can also see this.

Clearly the team has a plan and structure to it, and it looks like that it's being more than ably supported from the off field activities of Brands. At the moment I am happy. I don't question that we should remain alert and not accept this all blindly, but as it is, I am for the first time in a long time, 100% aligned with the club and how it's going about its business on and off the field*.

*obvious caveat is I'd like a super stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey starting to appear right about now, but I don't think Brands is responsible for that.

We are talking about two guys there that have played for the club for years. Jags is a legend at this club. Mirallas, despite being out of favour these days has certainly contributed to good times in the past. Richarlison has been brilliant so far but its a bit early doors yet - he had a great start for Watford and then disappeared. Hopefully he wont here and the signs look good but I want to see this level continue all year.
Personally I don't rate Zouma, he was shipped out of Chelsea and got relegated last season. Granted Jags is getting on now but his experience will be crucial in an otherwise fairly green defence.

Stop posting please.

Zouma gives me absolutely no worries at all, he's solid defensively and can play a bit too. Jags may well have been a great servant for us, but his time alas is coming to an end. At this point in time, Zouma is the main man out of those two. Anyone who has watched Zouma this season must be aware that he is doing the business for us, in the same way Digne is doing an excellent job at left back and keeping Baines on the bench.

All the recruits so far have done enough to make me happy with them. Apart from Yerry Mina, but that's only because he's not been fit and able to force his way into a solid centre half pairing which is getting to grips with the zonal marking system and frankly you'd have to be crazy to alter that whilst putting in the likes of Gomes who still is coming to speed with the game.

He's got away with murder over our lack of striker firepower. Its coasting us badly.

Digne is the only massive improvement in the players he brought in.

January he has to get his act together and have a striker lined up good to go from the first week in that month...no arseing round haggling and missing out.

I can't help but think this post must be a wind up.

Every player that was brought in during the summer who has played have been miles better than what we already had. Crucially Brands also managed a fairly comprehensive clear out of the absolute mess that had become our first team, brought in quality replacements in the positions that badly needed change and has managed to do this in a relatively short period of time.

The striker situation does need addressing of course but there is no doubt that that will be addressed either in January or next summer and Brands looks like the man to come up with a proper one judging by his additions so far. If we have to wait until next summer then so be it as January isn't the best time to be looking for top drawer strikers.

Brands is the Messiah mate and no mistake.

What have past "achievements" got to do with the present squad? If you think present day Mirallas and present day Jagielka are as good as Richarlison and Zouma there is just no hope for you.

Zouma an improvement on Jags? NO
Gomes improvement on Davies? MAYBE (too early to tell)
Mina improvement on Keane MAYBE (Again too early but id fancy Keane to be the better defender).
Richarlison improvement Miralas PROBABLY YES
Bernard improvement on Bolasie YES

These are honestly two of the funniest things I’ve ever seen written on here. Zouma has just been called up the World Cup winners squad, Jagielka is 36.

Richarlison is playing alongside Neymar and Coutinho in the Brazil team. Mirallas is on loan at a mid table Serie A team after being sent away from training for being unprofessional.

Comedy gold.

Richarlison and Bernard aren't massive improvements on Miralas/Bolasie?
Zouma isn't a massive improvement on Jagielka?
Gomes isn't a massive improvement on Tom Davies?

It's still early days with a lot of his signings - Gomes has only just started playing and looks good so far. Hopefully Mina will also turn out to be an improvement on Keane.

It's crazy to say he hasn't strengthened every area he's signed players in.
Richarlison is a Silva signing. Obviously.
Bernard - jury still out. I dont think he looks clinical at all. I'm rooting for him though.
Zouma = barely an upgrade on Jagielka.
Gomes - way too early to see what he brings.
Mina we have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.