Everton are small time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to go back far to remember it was worse, much worse. We couldn't afford loan signings at one stage a few yrs back. The glory Kenwright days they are remembered as.

I remember it all but I think my lat
But those days we had no hope
Now we've been taken for a ride and shown some kind of bright future
Now the hope kills us every few weeks!

Exactly. This Iranian con man has royally shafted us. Embarrassed us.

Seven trophy winning seasons since the end of World War II ... might be more than many, but doesn't put us in the top rank, does it?

No, it puts us above well above the likes of Southampton and Stoke but well below the likes of Arsenal and United. I genuinely think (given how the club has been run since the turn of the 80s) that we're actually slightly lucky to still be considered the 7th biggest club in English football.

this ^^ in bucket loads..

we are owned by a certified chartered accountant NOT an oil rich country.

bit of a difference.

we will not be competing with the top 6 let alone the top 4 with this man in sole charge of our football club.
Worked for a few companies were a chartered accountant ended up as the CEO. Nightmare, no strategic vision, no managerial skills just a narrow focus on the bottom line.

Our best hope of achieving anything anytime soon is to hope and pray that a European super league is formed soon and most of the teams above us swan off to play games without frontiers. We’ll have to contend with Burnley and Leicester, but we might make the top 4.

Although knowing us we’ll still probably mess it all up.

Our best hope of achieving anything anytime soon is to hope and pray that a European super league is formed soon and most of the teams above us swan off to play games without frontiers. We’ll have to contend with Burnley and Leicester, but we might make the top 4.

Although knowing us we’ll still probably mess it all up.

It won’t matter to me if we “mess it up” because if such a scenario came to pass I would be done with Everton and done with football.

:pint2:

Given we were bought by a certified chartered accountant none of this should be a surprise.Unless his Russian friend jumps ship from Arsenal and joins him our fate will be (if we are lucky) to be one of the best of the rest.
The hype around Usmanov reeks of hype by people who want Moshiri to be something he isn't. A game changer.

Ours is a family club, and when the players have to leave 'home', they get a little emotional, a little homesick...hence our poor away performances.

Prem survival, and hoping for a 0-0 draw against the RS in April at Goodison.

That will constitute a 'successful' season.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.