Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s his opinion that you’re unreasonable, he’s entitled to it.

Absolutely. Not for one second saying he’s not. But the purpose of a forum is to present, discuss and rationalise points of view. Not simply state them and meander off when held to task.

Also, opinions can be wrong. It happened to me once.

Never mentioned that.
The penalty we conceded was the correct decision. Clutching at straws and missing the bigger picture if you think we're 16th because of VAR

You're missing what's right in front of you if you think VAR didn't take that game away from us when Brighton were struggling to do so.

A win there would have put us in tenth and things are looking a lot more promising. Now, we're under intense pressure to win the next couple of games and, if we don't, we'll be appointing a new manager halfway through the season again.

Whatever your opinion of Silva by this stage, and this is not to say he's performed adequately, none of us were coming into this season hoping for a change of manager after a dozen or so games.

We did not lose the game because of VAR. It's a great excuse but it's not the reason
So ignoring the change in momentum and everything else: if we have a pen (we shouldn’t, but by that standard, it’s worse than Keane’s one), then the score is 3-3. We don’t lose. Ergo, VAR lost us the game.

Let’s not find another excuse shall we? Wasn’t a penalty at all for me but I can also see why it was given because that’s the way football and officiating has gone. The only other way VAR has affected us this season is maybe with a couple of penalties that we haven’t been given but tbh if we’re relying on penalties to win games or even really compete in our case then we may as well give up.

We weren’t good enough today, our team which cost more than Bayern Munich’s once again didn’t win an away game, a game at Brighton and after going down...absolutely nothing new there and to blame VAR is to ignore pretty much the last few seasons.

I dont disagree we are awful away from home mate. But today, Brighton had nothing in them at all, we were comfortable, not brilliant, not blowing them away but comfortable, which at the moment when there is clearly so little cohesion and confidence is fine and at least we weren't looking nervous we were not under pressure.

We didnt shoot outselves in the foot, the referees did it.

It doesn't excuse the capitulation afterwards, although such a decision obviously changes the momentum. It is fair to say that without that horrendous decision we looked fairly safe to see the game out.
Its the capitulation that bothers me the most, not really the VAR decision cause i thought it was a foul. Keane accidentally stands on the lads ankle. It does i agree, throw the whole momentum of the game in Brighton's favour...but we could have still seen out the game at 2-2 or gone again and try to win it...we just dont under silva we always collapse always!

No way that’s ever a foul/penalty

Sadly EPL is going the way of American sports. Over analyzed in super slo mo but not taking a step back looking at the big picture.

Just awful
American football is like professional wrestling, a corrupt charade where results go the way the league wants them to. Pass interference, offensive holding calls and now 'roughing' the passer...

I agree with you though. I feel very sad what happend to my childhood First Division - what with Sky, dubious owners, kowtowing to viewers on other continents for their TV subscription money, and regulation changes designed to create a 'better product' for the popular teams who draw clicks and that can be used to create 'media rivalries'. Those of you under 30, I hope you enjoy Everton Jakarta, a mid-table team in the Second Division of the World Soccerball League, while I'm quietly turning in my grave...

Let’s not find another excuse shall we? Wasn’t a penalty at all for me but I can also see why it was given. The only other way VAR has affected us this season is maybe with a couple of penalties that we haven’t been given but tbh if we’re relying on penalties to win games or even really compete in our case then we may as well give up.

We weren’t good enough today, our team which cost more than Bayern Munich’s once again didn’t win an away game, a game at Brighton and after going down...absolutely nothing new there and to blame VAR is to ignore pretty much the last few seasons.

This. Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.