Everton 3-1 Manchester United. Saturday 20th February @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Rooney won't celebrate if they score tomorrow.

You can bet on that. After the recent PR campaign, he'll slot and walk back as though he's paining to the centre where he'll ask to be subbed and then take off his top to reveal a full torso tattoo of Rideout's salmon like leap winning goal in the 95 FA Cup and a dead thick good chain with EFC hanging off it before going to sit in the Gwladys Street and go mad when Neville f*cks up a pass.

Obviously beyond the word "centre" is not really gonna happen like.

I don't think we need to pigeon hole where Pienaar, Bilyatedinov and Donovan should play in the midfield. I suspect they'll be swapping positions pretty much constantly throughout the game with Arteta and Osman behind.

In defense I'd expect Yobo to get a rest to protect him for Sporting, with our two ineligible CBs playing. Vidic has not been the tower of strenght he was last season so with all our attacking options I think we'll score at least once. Big day for Distin and Heitinga, I just hope we're not bemoaning a lapse in concentration come 3 o'clock.

COYB

You can bet on that. After the recent PR campaign, he'll slot and walk back as though he's paining to the centre where he'll ask to be subbed and then take off his top to reveal a full torso tattoo of Rideout's salmon like leap winning goal in the 95 FA Cup and a dead thick good chain with EFC hanging off it before going to sit in the Gwladys Street and go mad when Neville f*cks up a pass.

Obviously beyond the word "centre" is not really gonna happen like.

And then do one of those dramatic sci-fi things where they unzip their own face and turn out to actually be Stuart Barlow.

I don't think we need to pigeon hole where Pienaar, Bilyatedinov and Donovan should play in the midfield. I suspect they'll be swapping positions pretty much constantly throughout the game with Arteta and Osman behind.

In defense I'd expect Yobo to get a rest to protect him for Sporting, with our two ineligible CBs playing. Vidic has not been the tower of strenght he was last season so with all our attacking options I think we'll score at least once. Big day for Distin and Heitinga, I just hope we're not bemoaning a lapse in concentration come 3 o'clock.

COYB
It should be more fluid than it has been IMO. I think the absence of Cahill may not only make more exchanges possible, but I think it may make them necessary, unless Everton has another player that can maintain a physical presence and still transition quickly like Cahill does. That's a pretty rare set of qualities.

If Man U can be punched, it might be high in the center channel against the center backs. Without Cahill the Toffees may have to do it with movement and transition. That only happens if they can hold their own in the middle. That is where Man U is Man U. They normally dominate the center of midfield.

One way to open up that middle is to stretch the defense and lengthen the distance between the Man U backs and mids. Both Saha and Donovan have the capability of doing that even with just a two man game. The question really is, "How well do they play together?" We might not get the chance to see it. I hope we do.

What we do know is that we will be given a good game tomorrow, they have looked fantastic in the past couple of weeks - superb to watch as a neutral/someone want them to win number 19.

A very health respect between the clubs exist, despite them smashing us all over the show for the best part of two decades and Rooney not helping things at times.

They also have some of the soundest fans I've had a bevvy with. Their proper fans, not the fanatical foreign ones.

What we do know is that we will be given a good game tomorrow, they have looked fantastic in the past couple of weeks - superb to watch as a neutral/someone want them to win number 19.

A very health respect between the clubs exist, despite them smashing us all over the show for the best part of two decades and Rooney not helping things at times.

They also have some of the soundest fans I've had a bevvy with. Their proper fans, not the fanatical foreign ones.

Evening Chico

Cant wait for tommorow mate always a tough game for us and a great event

As you know mate win or lose I will be on this fine forum tommorow night ( Drunk I might add)

;)

Evening Chico

Cant wait for tommorow mate always a tough game for us and a great event

As you know mate win or lose I will be on this fine forum tommorow night ( Drunk I might add)

;)

Are you attending Nev?

If you're at the ground before half ten, drop me a PM with your number ;)

Are you attending Nev?

If you're at the ground before half ten, drop me a PM with your number ;)

In the pub unfortunately mate

Away days are very very few and far between nowadays

Work Wife kids etc etc etc

Having said that wouldnt mind meeting up some time for a beer when you come to our place mate

Anyway I hope Everton go from strength to strength and think in Moyes that you have a diamond

Love to see you overtaking your lovely neighbours and CITEH
;)

On one hand I would like to see Donovan playing more centrally to test vidic, as he always looks suspect against fast, technical players. With Bily on the right. On the other hand, If Donovan can nulify the threat of Evra, by giving him something to worry about, the way he did with Cole, it would be an important battle won.

I wouldn't be keen on it to be honest, I have a feeling Donovan would just end up chasing balls into channels like Andy Johnson did for us. His natural instinct is too attack space in behind, he's not what I'd call a 'link man', more of a forward than a midfielder.

We need someone who's going to drop into midfield and try and link things together. Someone who comes short and looks to get involved. Osman and a unfit Arteta won't be capable of getting a grip of that midfield without some support, that extra man in midfield.

I think it'll be Pienaar, given his workrate, tenacity and all round creativity. He plays that role for South Africa and Moyes said earlier in the season that he'd like to use him off the front man if he had options available in wide positions.

Looking forward to this one, I think that it will be a draw. No more injuries would be nice too.

1-1 Fletcher, Billy screamer edge of area top corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.