Everton 3-1 Manchester United. Saturday 20th February @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Fresh from the "we won but it felt like a loss" game against Sporting, an in-form United come to try and gloom the mood a bit.

Taking on the champions is never an easy task but once we wipe that last gasp mishap, and by that I mean Distin you utter tit, out of mind we may remember taking the game to Chelsea and getting a result not so long back. We're half way through the month now and it's not been so bad so you would assume confidence remains a tad high.

Thanks to modern media you know near enough everything about United, their players and their likely line up and that's a convenient cop out from me having to discuss tactics. Rooney no doubt will start and although it pains to say it, he is turning into the player we sort of knew he would; we'll have to be alert to him all game. You can see why Moyes would have been a fan of Fletcher, he's everywhere in the midfield but throughout the team they possess quality that ultimately wins you titles. Nani's [Poor language removed] two footed tackle against Villa means he misses out.
England's new captain will hope to have a better game than England's ex captain did against Saha who if we hope to gain anything out of this game needs to have one of his better days.

When the dust has settled from the midweek game, I'm sure it was the controlled tempo that Moyes preached in Eurosoccer but it shouldn't mask the fact that we were a bit [Poor language removed], Sporting were there for the taking and we had some good fortune prior to their goal. Distin you utter tit. Heitinga will return but other than that it's safe to say it will be pretty much the same team, complete with Arteta and the all new nasty Osman in the middle. It goes without saying that we'll need to compete from the very first whistle and hope that lunch time Goodison is snarling a bit - not easy when you're like to still be a little raw from Friday night quaffing of assorted beers.

So, it's job half done for February - lets roll over and take a good thrashing in our mutual quest for number 19.*

*For the purpose of any loveable reds lurking around these parts.

Footy is a funny old game.....

But I can see us shooting ourselves in the foot again for a 2-1 loss here.

United should've lost at Villa but didnt, we beat Chelski and United know they should've took the advantage to catch them.

They'll step up a gear, they tend to do so under pressure....we'll match em but we wont last for a draw IMO.

He had some blame sure, but that was Distin's bad.

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think so mate. You can't blame Distin for his lack of ability under pressure, but you can blame Rodwell who should know the abilities of his team mates.

It's the same reason you don't play it down the line for Neville to zip down and cross first time - he don't have the skills.

Rodwell drilled that ball right at Distin when he had a player 5 yards away from him, it was a dodgy pass and didn't need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.