Everton 3-1 Manchester United. Saturday 20th February @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Heitinga moving anywhere to honest, he's a must at centre back, I think Moyes knows that now. He'll looked a bit shaky at right back, much more comfortable in central positions.

I think it'll be Bilyaletdinov or Rodwell in for Cahill, probably Bilyaletdinov in with Pienaar pushing behind Saha.

Im trying to twig on what Moyes would do.

I cant see him playing Senderos....He loves Yobo. And he's gotta be a fan of Dustbin. Heitinga plays right back for his country most of the time. So....if he's gonna push Neville to DM, I'd think he'd put him there. He's pushed Jags out there before last season for a number of games, so I wouldnt be surprised if he did it with Heitinga. If Hibbo was fit, Heitinga would stay, but he's not and Coleman wouldnt even come into the frame.

Reason being is that I cant see Rodwell starting. He's not fit and I think Moyes will be livid at that pass he made to Dustbin last night (he was quick to point it out in his post match interview) so I'd be surprised with him starting against United, too big a game where experience is needed.

As for the midfield, if I was even pushing the boat out, personally I'd go.....

Neville
Pienaar Arteta Bily
Donovan
Saha.

Wont happen with Osman in form, but that adds balance to me.

ill be there for my annual trip. Looking forward to this and hoping johnny H steps back in with a big performance.

Knowing Moyes he'll go with the 4-5-1 instead of a 4-4-2 with Yak and Saha upfront.

Howard
Neville Heitinga Yobo Baines
Donovan Arteta Osman Bilya
Pienaar
Saha

Yakubu and Rodwell as late subsitutes.

There is no way Moyes will play Coleman agaisnt Man Utd, he is just too inexperience to play against them, so captain Pip stays at RB.

Heitinga is a must at CB and I think he wants to get Yobo sharp ASAP. I know he likes Distin, but the Defense needs consistency. Throwing players in and out won't solve anything. playing Heitinga and Distin in one match and Yobo and Senderos in another won't help.

Osman played very well against sporting so he'll partner Arteta with LD and Bilya on the wings and Pienaar supporting Saha.

Thats what I think Moyes will do anyway.

Im trying to twig on what Moyes would do.

I cant see him playing Senderos....He loves Yobo. And he's gotta be a fan of Dustbin. Heitinga plays right back for his country most of the time. So....if he's gonna push Neville to DM, I'd think he'd put him there. He's pushed Jags out there before last season for a number of games, so I wouldnt be surprised if he did it with Heitinga. If Hibbo was fit, Heitinga would stay, but he's not and Coleman wouldnt even come into the frame.

Reason being is that I cant see Rodwell starting. He's not fit and I think Moyes will be livid at that pass he made to Dustbin last night (he was quick to point it out in his post match interview) so I'd be surprised with him starting against United, too big a game where experience is needed.

As for the midfield, if I was even pushing the boat out, personally I'd go.....

Neville
Pienaar Arteta Bily
Donovan
Saha.

Wont happen with Osman in form, but that adds balance to me.

I wouldn't be against seeing Neville in midfield, but I can't see it happening, realistically. Hibbert isn't fit and Coleman isn't really an option at the moment, and Heitinga is the best centre back we have available to us. He hasn't played fullback for a while to be fair.

I think it'll be quite an attacking midfield, similar to the Chelsea game but with Bilyaletdinov coming in for Cahill, either playing wide left or behind the front man, depending on where Pienaar lines up.

i would like to see billy playing in the middle, although donovan there is also an intriguing option. Pienaar i think does his best work out wide with bainsey.

---------Howard
Nev - Yobo - Heitinga - baines
Donovan osman arteta pienaar
--------------billy
---------saha

Not sure about Yobo's fitness but he's got a bit more pace about him than Senderos and we'll need that against Rooney. The form he's on at the moment though maybe we should play Yobo, Senderos, Distin and Heitinga in defence. Nah just kidding. Let's rock. 3-2 to us, or them. I don't know.

Assuming that Cahill is out, we need to move Neville to midfield otherwise we won't have any bit there. Neville will be up for this game and should play well, besides that gives Coleman a chance to attack and hopefully limit Evra's forward play.

Heitinga is the only center half that has a chance of handling Rooney, so he must play, but give him Yobo as a partner, he is still the fastest defender we have. Besides will Distin not be suspended?

Howard

Coleman - Heitinga . Yobo - Baines

Donavan - Neville - Arteta - Piennar

Bilyaletdinov

Saha

Assuming that Cahill is out, we need to move Neville to midfield otherwise we won't have any bit there. Neville will be up for this game and should play well, besides that gives Coleman a chance to attack and hopefully limit Evra's forward play.

Heitinga is the only center half that has a chance of handling Rooney, so he must play, but give him Yobo as a partner, he is still the fastest defender we have. Besides will Distin not be suspended?

Howard

Coleman - Heitinga . Yobo - Baines

Donavan - Neville - Arteta - Piennar

Bilyaletdinov

Saha

I believe Distin will miss only the 2nd leg in Lisbon. A red card in europe means a one match ban in europe unless it is increased (violent conduct etc) so Distin will be available for the Man Utd game. If I remember correctly, Saha only missed one game for being sent off against Athens (the game in BATE) and played the next Premier game against Blackburn.

I would use Donavan in Cahills role he is after all a striker .Use Billy and Nuts on the wings and Neville as DM,Coleman coming in as RB.

The center midfield is crucial in this one for us. Despite the fact that Osman has been in great form lately I'm pretty certain this game will be one game too many as Fletcher in their center mid would disposses him easily due to his physical nature and poor Osman doesn't have enough muscles to shrug him of or like that. I just think that playing Rodwell will be a good idea as he can make those tough tackles and then is a strong young lad with good passing ability.

With Johnny H back, but with Rooney in form, let's call it a draw.

Too bad Cahill isn't on for this one, as Man U looks weaker at the back.

Maybe a let-down for ManU after the match at San Siro. Attack!

With Johnny H back, but with Rooney in form, let's call it a draw.

Too bad Cahill isn't on for this one
, as Man U looks weaker at the back.

Maybe a let-down for ManU after the match at San Siro. Attack!

Wouldn't rule him out just yet?

I think it'll be Yobo and Heitinga in central defence with, Bilyaletdinov coming in for Cahill

I'll go for a hopeful 1-1 draw

Rooney for them, Pienaar for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.