Everton - 10th largest fanbase in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Being from the south end of the city, I'm surrounded by kopites. Most of my Everton mates are from the north end.

I've also found most people who aren't too interested in football will say Liverpool is the team they support rather than Everton.

In my family alone there are 20 blues, spread out across Liverpool, Kirkby, Widnes and Runcorn although we started out in Everton, We have also lost many good Evertonians over the years.

Our fanbase is probably bigger than we can imagine.

Did anyone see that recent survey ??

Only 24% of Liverpool is blue. I just can not see that being true at all!!

Oh, bump, btw !

Absolutely no chance.

I'd say about non match goers included:

60/40 Liverpool

Match goers only:

70/30 Everton

I could well believe that majority if it were isolated to the south end of Liverpool (though maybe not as great as 3 to 1). I've gotten the impression over the years our support is concentrated within the north end (and obviously beyond the boundary in places like Huyton, Kirkby and Halewood).

Overall, I could accept they maybe have a 55/45 or 60/40 numerical advantage of people in the city - mostly hangers on who aren't all that interested.

Rubbish. Where do you get that from. There is no divide. Across the whole of Merseyside theres Evertonians everywhere. Not a north south divide.

I know people who say they 'support' Liverpool yet couldn't even name their team and don't even know who their next game is! It's always funny when you have to tell them.

Rubbish. Where do you get that from. There is no divide. Across the whole of Merseyside theres Evertonians everywhere. Not a north south divide.

I got that from attending school in the south end and having loads of mates/family in the North end. Of course there are Evertonians everywhere, but I just think there's slightly more Reds in the South and and more blues North end.

Oh and the South is more Kopite whereas the North is definitely more blue.

This^^^

I live in South Liverpool, and there was 9 classes in my school each with around 30 people in and I would say there was less than 10 of them including me were Everton fans.

I hated the Monday mornings after derby days.

This^^^

I live in South Liverpool, and there was 9 classes in my school each with around 30 people in and I would say there was less than 10 of them including me were Everton fans.

I hated the Monday mornings after derby days.
In my form class, for example, at school in South Liverpool there was about 10 blues and 20 reds. Of course all 10 blues went the match and only about 5 reds did, but still. Now I'm in college in Huyton and my classes are more blue than red. Whereas my cousin goes to school in the North and is one of few Kopites in his classes.

Could be total bollocks, but meh, my little hypothesis.

In my form class, for example, at school in South Liverpool there was about 10 blues and 20 reds. Of course all 10 blues went the match and only about 5 reds did, but still. Now I'm in college in Huyton and my classes are more blue than red. Whereas my cousin goes to school in the North and is one of few Kopites in his classes.

Could be total bollocks, but meh, my little hypothesis.

Pretty much the same with me, about half of the blues I went the match with and we all had season tickets and went to the odd away game. But only a couple of reds went the game and the rest just made up some **** excuse saying it is to hard to get tickets. Now I am in uni and majority of the other scousers on my course are from the north of the city and majority of them support Everton.

I don't know how correct this is, but it doesn't really matter to me. It's the hardcore of the fans i.e. people who go the game regularly and/or travel up and down the country and overseas to support the team that defines a "fanbase". Our fans are second to no one in that regard, certainly in this country. Wasn't it 6000 in Lisbon for Benfica? Couple of thousand in Kharkov, thousands in Villareal, 5000+ in Nuremberg. Also, we've bossed Wembley every time. League aways almost always sell out at maximum allocation etc etc.

Relative to our fanbase size, our hardcore will dwarf pretty much everyone above us in that list, which says that we've one of the most, if not the most passionate fan bases around.

But if ALL Blues go the games, why do we only get 36k a game ??? and Cup games even less ???

Because a lot of the views at Goodison are horrendous and we charge a high price for the view that you get. I bought a ticket the other week which was a restricted view and I got a massive £1 discount to take it down to £36. Clubs like Sunderland and West Ham have deals like 2 games for £20 and kids for a quid. When we had a deal on the other week it was 3 games for about £90.

I also reckon Everton fiddle the figures with home attendances. Where were the 3,000 - 4,000 empty seats against Spurs. There wasn't that many empty seats and as far as I could tell, Spurs pretty much filled their allocation.

I don't know how correct this is, but it doesn't really matter to me. It's the hardcore of the fans i.e. people who go the game regularly and/or travel up and down the country and overseas to support the team that defines a "fanbase". Our fans are second to no one in that regard, certainly in this country. Wasn't it 6000 in Lisbon for Benfica? Couple of thousand in Kharkov, thousands in Villareal, 5000+ in Nuremberg. Also, we've bossed Wembley every time. League aways almost always sell out at maximum allocation etc etc.

Relative to our fanbase size, our hardcore will dwarf pretty much everyone above us in that list, which says that we've one of the most, if not the most passionate fan bases around.

Spot on this. Other clubs might have bigger fanbases in terms of people who say they support a particular club, but our genuine match going fanbase is up there with the best. I think excluding the biggest clubs like United and Liverpool, only Leeds and Spurs can match the numbers we take away (over the last 10 years). But Spurs are a London club and Leeds are the only club in their city with one of the largest catchment areas in the country. We have to share ours with the red ****e.

Status
Not open for further replies.