Everton 1-2 Birmingham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan is quik and smart but he is not very big.. he might get pushed off the ball easy in the prem against the likes of world class defenders.. I could be absolutly wrong though which is more often the case.. :)

some people said the same about tim cahill when he was first played upfront......they were wrong.
i think the speed and pace of donovan would bag him a few goals.

look at owen or defoe , small quick players who have done well in the prem , the difference being donovan has more ball skills abilty than them perhaps ?

Well im fired up for this game me, normally I get stoked the day of the game, but its started on a Thursday, which is quite unreal.

Come on YOU, Fecking Blue DEMIGODS!!!!

some people said the same about tim cahill when he was first played upfront......they were wrong.
i think the speed and pace of donovan would bag him a few goals.

look at owen or defoe , small quick players who have done well in the prem , the difference being donovan has more ball skills abilty than them perhaps ?

Donovan has pace, pace and pace.. A decent first touch, clever passing... He wont dribble past world class defenders.. He does have a nice tap past/sprint past defenders move, kinda like Rooney but thats about it for 1 V 1.. Give him a bit of room in front of net and he will bury it though..

Going to be hard to break these down, am worried about the counter as well, Larson pulled our pants down the last time on just such an occasion.

They have enough points at the mo to care about the cup.

Hey guys! Only me again!

Was interesting reading a few of your thoughts on the game, my heart sank when the draw was made, would of happily accepted Chelsea at home rather then Everton away ... Going to be a tough game, I doubt we can come to Goodison Park and get a positive result for the 2nd time in just over a month...

I would be more than happy to draw and bring the fixture back to St.Andrews where we play much nicer football, with more confidence aswell, but I reckon it will be a good game. Bit dissapointed with the sales of our tickets so far but hopefully its gonna shoot up alot today.

Cant wait for the game though, just hope our boys dont suffer as we havent played a game in about 2 weeks!

Same team for me, we looked well balanced and had a good mixture of craft and graft. We always look a better side when we've got creativity in right, left and central areas.

It'll be interesting to see Donovan against Birmingham, the games against Arsenal and Manchester City have suited him whereas I expect Birmingham to be a bit more defensive and cut off his space. It'll give us a better idea of what his all round game is like in a wide position.

There are a few rumours going round that Arteta could be on the bench, which would be excellent news. Even if it's just to give him and the team a bit of confidence.

Same team for me, we looked well balanced and had a good mixture of craft and graft. We always look a better side when we've got creativity in right, left and central areas.

It'll be interesting to see Donovan against Birmingham, the games against Arsenal and Manchester City have suited him whereas I expect Birmingham to be a bit more defensive and cut off his space. It'll give us a better idea of what his all round game is like in a wide position.

There are a few rumours going round that Arteta could be on the bench, which would be excellent news. Even if it's just to give him and the team a bit of confidence.

I would prefer him to make his bench appearance against Liverpool tbh!

Ossie Back, Arteta Close – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Probably already been posted, but:

Leon Osman is in line to return to the Everton squad for the game against Birmingham.

The midfielder missed the win over Manchester City with a hamstring problem but is in line to feature in the FA Cup fourth round clash.

Moyes was also positive on the progress of four other players. He said Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Victor Anichebe and Mikel Arteta were 'close' to full fitness.

Gosling and Rodwell have been missing since December with hamstring problems, while Anichebe and Arteta are almost back after eleven months on the sidelines with serious knee injuries.

Moyes said at his press conference on Friday: "We’re getting people much closer to fitness. Mikel Arteta is much closer to fitness and Victor Anichebe is much closer to fitness. Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling – very close to it now as well.

"So I think it will not be long until we are adding those four back into the players who were available last week.

"Leon Osman looks as if he’ll be fit for the game as well, so we’re starting to get a bit more like it. We’ve still obviously got a few to come back, and the boys in Africa are still away as well so I’m looking forward to getting them all together."

Moyes was then asked directly about a potential return for Arteta and replied: "It will be close."

Tony Hibbert remains sidelined after undergoing a hernia operation, while Phil Jagielka is still recovering from his own knee injury.

Brazilian striker Jo has departed Everton for Turkey, while Joseph Yobo and Yakubu are still away with Nigeria. Yobo is also nursing a hamstring problem while in Angola for the African Cup of Nations.

Everton: Howard, Nash, Neville, Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Cahill, Saha, Vaughan, Duffy, Baxter, Forshaw, Agard.

I'm getting exciteeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.