Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's coming lads & ladies -
1592138324739.png

It's all just hoping with this Everton team. It's all just hit and miss. We go into every match on a wing and a prayer. Not just the derby fixture.
So who knows? Who knows what Everton team will show up?
And as we usually put in a no-show against our neighbours. I will right now ,take the draw. Move on. And beat Norwich City in (I think) our next match.
Secure P.L. safety. Then prepare for next season.

It's all just hoping with this Everton team. It's all just hit and miss. We go into every match on a wing and a prayer. Not just the derby fixture.
So who knows? Who knows what Everton team will show up?
And as we usually put in a no-show against our neighbours. I will right now ,take the draw. Move on. And beat Norwich City in (I think) our next match.
Secure P.L. safety. Then prepare for next season.

Hmm something seems funny here

Just let's beat them.
Give the reins to Big Dunc. His passion. His vision. His leadership. Might just give our players the lift to win this match.

You see i just don't trust Don Carlos judgement (not just yet).
I was shocked at his inadequate leadership in the hapless defeat to the Liverpool youngsters. And let's not forget his /our defeat to Chelsea in our last match.

So anyhow, let's beat Liverpool. Or at the very least , not get beat ourselves.
Then beat Norwich City (I think they are next up for us).
Get points on board early doors. Then relax.
Then play out the season with youngsters and fringe players.
Get our first string ready fit and fighting for the start of next season (in whatever form that might take).

But I admit that I am worried. We are flaky old Everton after all.
So let's just hope that we come back fighting. Win a few football matches.
And get to Premier League safety as quick as possible.
Let's stay safe. In all possible ways. COYBs....

I am unsure about you.

It was on Talksport before that Liverpool have asked that we play Captain Tom's version of YNWA before the game for Sky TV.

To show we are united for our lost loved ones due to Covid-19 and the BLM movement.

Mickey Quinn said it would be the right thing to do.

He should feed his horses the fat meff.
The whole thing is a farce.
May as well give the masses what they want.

Koff with ye jarg footy

It was on Talksport before that Liverpool have asked that we play Captain Tom's version of YNWA before the game for Sky TV.

To show we are united for our lost loved ones due to Covid-19 and the BLM movement.

Mickey Quinn said it would be the right thing to do.

He should feed his horses the fat meff.

Here's hoping Everton tell them to absolutely get tae.

Just let's beat them.
Give the reins to Big Dunc. His passion. His vision. His leadership. Might just give our players the lift to win this match.

You see i just don't trust Don Carlos judgement (not just yet).
I was shocked at his inadequate leadership in the hapless defeat to the Liverpool youngsters. And let's not forget his /our defeat to Chelsea in our last match.

So anyhow, let's beat Liverpool. Or at the very least , not get beat ourselves.
Then beat Norwich City (I think they are next up for us).
Get points on board early doors. Then relax.
Then play out the season with youngsters and fringe players.
Get our first string ready fit and fighting for the start of next season (in whatever form that might take).

But I admit that I am worried. We are flaky old Everton after all.
So let's just hope that we come back fighting. Win a few football matches.
And get to Premier League safety as quick as possible.
Let's stay safe. In all possible ways. COYBs....

You were shocked at his inadequate leadership of a team he had taken 3 training sessions with?

You can't let the past rule over the future.
Remain optimistic. Belief is a massive part of change / success.

If the fans don't believe, it manifests in the stadium with a tonne of anxiety / pressure which rubs off onto the players.

We all have a part to play in Everton's success. Our part is to get behind the team and be optimistic.
I love this blame the fans attitude logic, if things go pear shaped next Sunday whatever will we blame this time.

If the players can't perform under pressure or anxiety I'd worry more their ability and mindset rather than anything the fans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.