Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the exact average age of their team in the cup game and ours yesterday.

I’m told ours was 24.8 yesterday and I think they were 24. something in the cup game.

Anyone know the exact average age of their team in the cup game and ours yesterday.

I’m told ours was 24.8 yesterday and I think they were 24. something in the cup game.
The average age of Everton's starting XI here was 24 years 356 days
Average age of the Liverpool starting lineup: 24.62 in cup supposedly
----------------------
For cup game ours was supposedly "Average age of the Everton starting lineup: 26.92"

Pretty sure Goodison derbies are the most consistently crap games in the league. I know the Anfield ones are technically worse for us but from neutral perspective the goodison ones are always anti football at its best. So many god awful matches.
I thought last season's 0-0 was class. Everton were the better side and came close near the end. We don't lose very often, either

Good to see us with a chance to win that.
Good to see Gordon get a start.
And good to see Carlo's got a good grip on the reins.

But that's about it.
Keane and Davies are an absolute liability in the centre.
Thanks god for Carlos tactics and keeping Digne and Coleman deep.

Apart from that, its glaringly obvious that Richo is the only player who can challenge with the ball at his feet.
Which means the team is majorly hamstrung until there's a couple more like him.
For all DCL offers he lacks what the team really needs - looking to get on the ball and play rather than making movements/runs that really just go to show he just doesn't have the talent required.
DCL is what he is. If he is part of the future of the team then wingers and fullbacks of real quality are essential.
Look at what Traore and Doherty are doing at Wolves.

Felt nothing after the final whistle. Just hate how it’s becoming ingrained in me. Like I know it’s ingrained in the club but it took a while to get me to final truly not feel anything before kick off and after. I’d always be negative but usually on derby day I’d wake up but not this one. Think that one against the kids... we could beat them 5 on the bounce and I dono if it would but it right.

Felt nothing after the final whistle. Just hate how it’s becoming ingrained in me. Like I know it’s ingrained in the club but it took a while to get me to final truly not feel anything before kick off and after. I’d always be negative but usually on derby day I’d wake up but not this one. Think that one against the kids... we could beat them 5 on the bounce and I dono if it would but it right.

I know what you mean mate, that FA Cup game wasn't just an opportunity to win, it was an opportunity to absolutely pummel them in their own back yard and pipe them down.

We made them feel even more invincible because of that result and having a few thousand Evertonians having to sit through that and the players bottling even going over (except Sidibe) made it even worse.

This group of players is not as good as they think they are!
If we sold the squad tomorrow we would get half of what we paid. Subjective.
They are a mid-table squad of players.
Carlo was brought in for a reason and on big money, and he has a big job on his hands.
To be a 'top' club means many of the squad will be going.

The average age of Everton's starting XI here was 24 years 356 days
Average age of the Liverpool starting lineup: 24.62 in cup supposedly
----------------------
For cup game ours was supposedly "Average age of the Everton starting lineup: 26.92"
This is why I get annoyed every time I read people saying "Everton got beaten by a team of 14 year olds" :rant::rant:. Okay we should have won, but it wasn't as bad as people like to make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.