Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should strive to be in Europe year in year out, regardless.

It is extra revenue and more importantly an opportunity to win something.

Coming from the PL, we should have the resources to cope without excuse.

If we can't cope with it as regards league form, we might as well never bother at all.
This.

The goal should always be Europe, regardless of whether it makes it more difficult or not.

If we'd rather swerve Europe, what's the point of playing?

Martina and Sandro might be better players than Feeney and Broadhead. I just really disagree that our youth team could get us through easily. They might pull it off, but they struggle in the Johnstones Paint Trophy or whatever it is called now when they have to play adults.

They might be, but they weren't what we needed. If you put Crusaders in the English football pyramid, they'd be in the equivalent of the National League North, so yeah, I'm completely confident they'd get the job done.
Should we finish 7th, i'd be more than happy to do exactly that, and even if we decided to throw more first teamers in, in the next round, fine. It would be 3 days before the start of the season.

You're either overrating some of Europe's basement barrel sides, or clearly think we'd have to go full strength, here's a hint... we don't.

They might be, but they weren't what we needed. If you put Crusaders in the English football pyramid, they'd be in the equivalent of the National League North, so yeah, I'm completely confident they'd get the job done.
Should we finish 7th, i'd be more than happy to do exactly that, and even if we decided to throw more first teamers in, in the next round, fine. It would be 3 days before the start of the season.

You're either overrating some of Europe's basement barrel sides, or clearly think we'd have to go full strength, here's a hint... we don't.
I'm not saying full strength but it gets pretty bad pretty quick for our depth.

I'm not saying full strength but it gets pretty bad pretty quick for our depth.

I've listed a potential 10 players who could easily do a job, i'm confident in that.

You can play first team players, but save it for the home game. If we're up and the 2nd leg is at home, we don't have to, but can still plan a proper pre-season around that, in my opinion.

I've listed a potential 10 players who could easily do a job, i'm confident in that.

You can play first team players, but save it for the home game. If we're up and the 2nd leg is at home, we don't have to, but can still plan a proper pre-season around that, in my opinion.
It's certainly an obstacle. I think it's ok for me to be a bit worried about whether the club is up for the challenge.

It's certainly an obstacle. I think it's ok for me to be a bit worried about whether the club is up for the challenge.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. A man with pedigree and knowledge of Europe like Ancellotti, i'd have full faith in guiding us past qualifying rounds of Europa.

Koeman was a whole different entity.

I was warmed by what Ancelotti said a few days ago

"for me it's normal to be preparing a team to play a game every 3/4 days. I like to work this way, to have a game every 3/4 days"

The players simply have to buy into this train of thought. If your playing every 3/4 days it means your successful. This squad have had it far too easy, brushing off defeats and no success or demands put on them.

Every one of them to a man has a great chance to learn from one of the most successful managers of the modern era. So if I was. A player my mindset would be to go balls deep for the rest of the season and demand EL qualification as a minimum from myself and my teammates and if I didn't make it then I would expect my position at Everton as a player to come under question.

Really hope we increase our income by 30m myself.

I want to get this season behind us, then concentrate on bringing in the right players as quickly as possible and having a good pre-season. But to be honest, although I want us to win everything we play in, I don't like the European Comps anyway, so I'm pretty biased.

I want to get this season behind us, then concentrate on bringing in the right players as quickly as possible and having a good pre-season. But to be honest, although I want us to win everything we play in, I don't like the European Comps anyway, so I'm pretty biased.

I actually think qualifying for Europe would make the players look at themselves and think "this is what we can do, when we try". I think if we get in, it'll be down to Ancelotti's influence, which shouldn't be overlooked.

It's a very, very big if.

I dont think that its the case at all that 7th places misses out if an english club wins both CL and Europa. That wouldnt make any sense unless one of the teams is outside of the top 7. In that case yes, the 4th place team gets drop to Europa, but 4 teams still go to CL(CL and Europa winner, plus top 2 teams on the table), 3 teams still get dropped to Europa, 4th, EFL cup and FA cup.

So as far as I know its fine if an english team wins CL and EL, just so long as they are in the top 7. 7 english teams go to Europe, its just like if a non-top 7 won the FA cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.