Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe league, is it worth it with our current squad? Think we need a much bigger squad if we were to compete in both europe league and premier league. There is not much money in europe league either, so I think it would not be worth it as it looks today. I would love to see us in europe, but with our thin squad I think it would not benefit us.

exactly what ive been saying. Yet that makes me a kopite...

We're out of europe, our main aim all season, and suddenly all oru fans are saying they didn't really want it anyway.

Righto lads.

I wanted ch.league myself, cant comment on what others has been saying. But if we get europe AND would get a much bigger squad during the summer, then I would love to see us in europe. Unfortunately, its not realistic to think we suddenly will get enough money to spend on players this summer to make this happen.

EDIT: I would love to see us in europe either way, I just think it would not benefit us to play in europe with our thin squad. Therefore it may be for the best.

We're out of europe, our main aim all season, and suddenly all oru fans are saying they didn't really want it anyway.

Righto lads.

CL was the aim IMO, maybe unrealistic in hindsight, but I honestly thought we had a chance after the start we had. EL is not worth the grief IMO. That being said, would have taken it via a cup win!

So we're 6 points behind Spurs with 9 left to play for. I'd be surprised if we picked up more than a point tomorrow, which means that we'd need to beat West Ham and then Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and Tottenham would need to lose against Chelsea, Stoke and Sunderland for us to reach the Europa League. It's not going to happen. I'm not especially fussed on the Europa League anyway. Hopefully it will hamper Spurs next season and give us a chance of getting closer to them in the league.

CL or bust, IMO.

Far too many games in the Europa league for our tiny squad.

Every time we've been in Europe we've gotten more points than when we've not been in Europe.

Total myth that the Europa League would mess up our season. All the evidence shows it actually improves league performance.

Every time we've been in Europe we've gotten more points than when we've not been in Europe.

Total myth that the Europa League would mess up our season. All the evidence shows it actually improves league performance.

Newcastle this season, is that evidence for that europe league improves league performance?

Given the fact that we have one of the smallest squads in the league, and are more than likely going to lose a few (Hitz, Heitinga, Fellaini), not to mention the fact that we've a few players getting on a bit, and I fail to see how it would improve our league performance. Maybe that's just me.

Given the fact that we have one of the smallest squads in the league, and are more than likely going to lose a few (Hitz, Heitinga, Fellaini), not to mention the fact that we've a few players getting on a bit, and I fail to see how it would improve our league performance. Maybe that's just me.

I'm not disagreeing with the logic which leads to the conclusion that playing more games with the same amount of players might impact league performance.

The fact is though, the opposite is true.

2005/06 - 50 points - Knocked out of Europe early
2006/07 - 58 points - No Europe
2007/08 - 65 points - 10 Euro games
2008/09 - 63 points - 2 Euro games
2009/10 - 61 points - 8 Euro games
2010/11 - 54 points - No Europe
2011/12 - 56 points - No Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.