Europa League possibility (Humour me here lads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Assuming we finish 6th which is most likely what will happen, consider the following scenario:

Chelsea win the Europa League and finish 5th.

My question is will that free up an extra Europa League spot for us?

I realise that our season's virtually over and I shouldn't be getting my hopes up, but like I said humour me. And if this question has been asked before I sincerely apologise.

Sadly, it won't.

As it is now, the only way 6th place can get Europa League is if Man City wins the FA cup and finishes 5th. That way, they would qualify twice, and the extra spot would go to 6th. This obviously won't happen.

Sadly, it won't.

As it is now, the only way 6th place can get Europa League is if Man City wins the FA cup and finishes 5th. That way, they would qualify twice, and the extra spot would go to 6th. This obviously won't happen.
Beat me to it, that's what i also think.

Aye, I was hoping the same principle would apply to winning the Europa League but never mind. We've continuously blew our opportunities this season so I suppose we don't deserve Europa League.

Now here me out there is some logic here, if for some reason Manchester was sucked into a black hole I think there is a chance that we could make a Europa League place, on the other hand if London was sucked in instead we would possibly make Champions League. I have been scanning the skies for a possible black hole and found one right here, this thread, if we keep discussing actually achieving a Europe place then the collected mass of our posts could potentially alter Earth's orbit making everywhere in the UK to the South of Watford Gap uninhabitable. So in short keep up the good work boys!

Now here me out there is some logic here, if for some reason Manchester was sucked into a black hole I think there is a chance that we could make a Europa League place, on the other hand if London was sucked in instead we would possibly make Champions League. I have been scanning the skies for a possible black hole and found one right here, this thread, if we keep discussing actually achieving a Europe place then the collected mass of our posts could potentially alter Earth's orbit making everywhere in the UK to the South of Watford Gap uninhabitable. So in short keep up the good work boys!

I'll sleep well tonight.

Here's how unlucky we have been to not qualify the last 4 seasons:

2010: We finish 8th. 5th, 6th and 7th got Europa League
2011: We finish 7th. 5th, 8th, 13th and 18th got Europa League
2012: We finish 7th. 5th, 6th and 8th got Europa League
2013: We finish 6th. 5th, 9th and 18th got Europa League

Here's how unlucky we have been to not qualify the last 4 seasons:

2010: We finish 8th. 5th, 6th and 7th got Europa League
2011: We finish 7th. 5th, 8th, 13th and 18th got Europa League
2012: We finish 7th. 5th, 6th and 8th got Europa League
2013: We finish 6th. 5th, 9th and 18th got Europa League

Err, that's not unlucky it's called being gash in the important games when Moyes bottles it mate, if we finish 5th we get Europa League 1st to 4th Champions League simple. Or we have to win a cup. All scenarios are seemingly impossible to our top shelf manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.