ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
PR appeasement - they'll prob select a representative/connect them w the listed fan groups, and have them collect fan surveys to present to the board

lip service at worst - at best, the rep(s) will have full transparency

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 2.15.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 2.15.43 PM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 49
Personally don't think we need fans at board level. We need talented professionals who value supporters and want to listen to them.

No fan can speak for the entire fanbase. It sounds like it could be impractical to me.

It happens at other clubs, not sure with how much success though

Neither do the current board to be honest
That's just it, as clueless as the board appears to be, they're still significantly more informed and clued up on things than you, I, or anyone else likely to be in this group. I mean not only will they actually have experience of running a football club that Dave from the Dog & Duck won't have, but they'll also have access to all of the information pertinent to running a football club that good old Dave won't have. It's an enormous willy waving exercise by fans who think they know stuff.

Official fan representation sounds like a layer for clubs to hide behind.

"Nah we're not listening to your opinion. Feed it through the appropriate channels."

These kind of hurdles are everywhere today to protect those at the top from opinions when they do something unpopular.

That's just it, as clueless as the board appears to be, they're still significantly more informed and clued up on things than you, I, or anyone else likely to be in this group. I mean not only will they actually have experience of running a football club that Dave from the Dog & Duck won't have, but they'll also have access to all of the information pertinent to running a football club that good old Dave won't have. It's an enormous willy waving exercise by fans who think they know stuff.

I don't see any harm in having a fans voice being heard on certain matters, kenwright claims to be a fan but we all know he's a fan of himself first and foremost

I don't see any harm in having a fans voice being heard on certain matters, kenwright claims to be a fan but we all know he's a fan of himself first and foremost
It's pointless though. The only thing that will make a meaningful difference to the club is a few hundred million a year to spend. The top 4 spend at least twice as much on wages as we do each season. That's why they win. It's not down to Klopp or Guardiola. If you put them in charge of Norwich then Norwich would still be rubbish, just as we were still rubbish with one of the most decorated managers in the world. Football is fundamentally rigged.

Everton making a boys club out of supporters clubs with the likes of David France etc, who’s enthusiasm cannot be faulted, but do they represent the true, every day Evertonian? I think not.

We as a fan base deserve recognition and a voice, flirting round the edges and picking exactly who they want to represent the fans.

Guess all they need to do is appoint Prentice to represent communications and appoint a fella with no business pedigree to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.