Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a player we could’ve signed for £3m a year ago.

I’m not sure on the signing, but I’m also not sure this is good logic.

City could have signed De Bruyne for £18m the year before they signed him for £55m.

If he’s worth £20m now (which he might not be), then pay it.

Imagine spending 20 million English pounds on a bang average player because of 16 games

Pure Moshiri that
Imagine spending double that on the same scenario

Richarlison.jpg

Can people stop trying to act like football experts when if we're all being honest no one has seen this lad aside from highlights and when Watford pumped us 5-2. I'm very honest in that I barely watch any football outside of Everton, I couldn't name Watford's first 11 nevermind give in depth analysis of a player of theirs, I just know he's got decent stats is a decent price, looks decent in bits and is in a position we need.

This really.

Watford are an absolute nothing to me and I don’t think I’d recognise this fella if he knocked on my door.

I’ll wait until (if) he’s played a few games for us before I judge.

This really.

Watford are an absolute nothing to me and I don’t think I’d recognise this fella if he knocked on my door.

I’ll wait until (if) he’s played a few games for us before I judge.
It's pure name value I reckon. That's not a unique trait to us as fans but you can see it all over. We could sign him and Wnks and they'd both be immediately written off before they've kicked a ball, exact same players could come in for the same money from France and people would be salivating all over it, despite also never seeing them play.

It's the exact same reason there's this massive hubbub over Eriksen this summer just because he played well in a poor Brentford side where he was the main man for 6 months, now there's talk of him going to the likes of United or Spurs despite the fact he's the exact same player Spurs allowed to leave 3 years ago and had a poor spell in Italy, except now he's older. Don't get me wrong he's a good player and would be good for us too but it'd be like if there were loads of reports of the likes of Madrid going back in for James after his spell here because he did well at a club with less expectations and was allowed to be the main man, when in reality just like Eriksen he's finished at the absolute top level.

One was new to Europe, widely courted and seen as a coup for Watford

One failed in Belgium and Germany and was called out by a former manager for having an awful attitude
At least two former managers have called him out. Maybe he's sorted his head out, who knows, but we need players who are going to work for the team because next season is going to be attritional. This is too high risk a signing for me, and definitely at the £20m mooted as that could be the bulk of our transfer budget.

At least two former managers have called him out. Maybe he's sorted his head out, who knows, but we need players who are going to work for the team because next season is going to be attritional. This is too high risk a signing for me, and definitely at the £20m mooted as that could be the bulk of our transfer budget.
The Watford fans have mentioned his attitude numerous times on his forum. Basically, he got off to a good start his went up his hoop and he thought he was prime Messi - everything was about him

The Watford fans have mentioned his attitude numerous times on his forum. Basically, he got off to a good start his went up his hoop and he thought he was prime Messi - everything was about him
Think Lampard will swerve him for that very reason, and I hope we don't do it. But I do think we need someone in this profile - in his age bracket who can come in for a reasonable fee and give you 10 goals. Our best chance of replacing Richy is probably a combination of someone like Dennis plus a prospect to develop further.

Really not a fan of stumping up substantial (for us) fees for players after a half decent PL season. His career in Belgium and Germany is just average. You think people would have learned by now not to spunk early on players like this. They're patchy, unreliable & almost guaranteed to just be someone we can't shift in a years time.
Yeah this.

If (for some reason) we really want a player like Emmanuel Dennis then we really need to be the club buying him for 3.6m from Club Brugge and not the club looking to pay 20m for him from Watford.

Think Lampard will swerve him for that very reason, and I hope we don't do it. But I do think we need someone in this profile - in his age bracket who can come in for a reasonable fee and give you 10 goals. Our best chance of replacing Richy is probably a combination of someone like Dennis plus a prospect to develop further.
I’m pretty sure there’s hundreds of players who fit the bill; the problem is we only like over paying for PL gash

If either him, McNeil or Cornet rock up at goodison this summer I’ll give up

Status
Not open for further replies.