Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joking apart, this is the soundest thing to do.
Where is the fun in that! The most GOT thing to do is to condemn the man as an arrogant crank on the basis of random hearsay from an account on twitter with no profile picture, before he has even signed for us. Then if he doesn’t sign, talk about how useless the club is, can’t even sign Dennis, “Kenwright out”.

He was 23, few months off 24 when Watford signed him. Compared to 21 when we signed Richy.

Again, and the more important point, Richy didn't have a back catalogue of average seasons before his first PL season.

This lad is proven average.
I thought you were talking about Richarlison when he was signed by Watford.

He did quite well in a poor Watford side last year and the probability is that this is the market we are shopping in. I gather he is talented but difficult to manage and I don't know if we are even interested.

I will admit I have only seen him a few times but the process to this deal I don't like regardless. This is a player a year ago was garnered for 1/4th the price we will be paying. He will be 25 next season, entering his prime which I would say limits the growth plate of him massively exceeding his current output. All those concerns could end up alright, but then what is the sell on potential and likely appreciation in value. You are investing a larger sum on a lot of variables with large caveats be it age, an extremely small sample of production etc.

Why isn't Thelwell scouting the Jupiler Pro League and elsewhere in smaller European markets for the same potential return on and off the pitch Watford might be cashing in on us? Especially considering our lack of resources.

I dont understand the attraction at the price point at all, especially in our financial predicaments.

I thought you were talking about Richarlison when he was signed by Watford.

He did quite well in a poor Watford side last year and the probability is that this is the market we are shopping in. I gather he is talented but difficult to manage and I don't know if we are even interested.

Yes... that's what I said?

I said, Dennis was average for years in Belgium and Germany, came to Watford and played quite well. Now linked to us.

You messaged me saying what about when we signed Richy. Well Richy was a). couple of years younger than this lad is, and b) didn't have the bold.

Yes... that's what I said?

I said, Dennis was average for years in Belgium and Germany, came to Watford and played quite well. Now linked to us.

You messaged me saying what about when we signed Richy. Well Richy was a). couple of years younger than this lad is, and b) didn't have the bold.
Fair enough but then Dennis was only 21 and 22 when playing in Belgium and Germany, still a very young player.

To be honest I really don't have much knowledge about him but I think at 24 he still is improving and is probably four years away from his prime.

He was 23, few months off 24 when Watford signed him. Compared to 21 when we signed Richy.

Again, and the more important point, Richy didn't have a back catalogue of average seasons before his first PL season.

This lad is proven average.

when was his best season? maybe hes improving every year and will be above average

2017/18 was his best season so far.

2016/17 - 6 / 1
2017/18 - 12 / 5
2018/19 - 7 / 3
2019/20 - 9 / 2
2020/21 - 2 / 4
2021/22 - 10 / 6
It's not bad considering he doesn't play up front all the time a lot of his games are on the wing, we didn't have anyone other than Richy putting up those numbers from anywhere .I would take him at the 16-18m quoted and also buy another forward.

It's not bad considering he doesn't play up front all the time a lot of his games are on the wing, we didn't have anyone other than Richy putting up those numbers from anywhere .I would take him at the 16-18m quoted and also buy another forward.

Well he's being quoted at £20m+ and those stats, to me, are not befitting of that fee.

Well he's being quoted at £20m+ and those stats, to me, are not befitting of that fee.
Maybe not but he would still be more of a goal/assists threat than most of our wide /forwards and have the flexibility to play in a few positions like Richy did. Some Watford ITK(I know) claimed it was more like 16-18m with add ons that's not bad. I do like the look of KLP too... It depends on our budget I guess but I don't think one player will cover the loss of Richy not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.