Elstone's response to the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright RFUS, I get it, and yes he is. That's why he is so inconsistent. It all makes sense now.

2008msn.jpg

No it is merely a sign of my appreciation of Bob and his great work behind the scenes. I liked his blog. An inspirational read tbh. He has a great smile as well dont you think? Dashing.

This clearly proves that alcohol and forums do not mix :lol:

Elstone is a patronizing idiot.

His first point regarding priorities is about searching for investment and new stadia.

10 years and 2 failed moves, do you still think Kenwright is doing a good job?

Ran like a sunday league club.

EFC is a business. Their responsibility is to their shareholders, not the customers/stakeholders (however we see ourselves as fans). I know some of you disagree with me, and that football clubs are 'different', but I've been saying this for nearly a year now and I'm still right.

Oh well that settles it then.

There are numerous clubs in the PL who do not run "like a business" in any traditional sense. Actually Everton isn't run "like a business" either -- if it was we'd sell Rodwell and pocket the cash. Everton breaks even -- if it were a real business it would be under an obligation to shareholders to turn a profit.

Saying EFC is a business is no defence -- actually it makes the way the club is run exponentially worse. If they are trying to run it as a business they are doing a catastrophically bad job.

I also don't think the "punching above our weight" defence works either. While it's undeniably true, our "weight" is determined by the lack of investment from the board. So to say "hey we're doing well we have the most points per pound spent" or whatever sort of misses the point -- while we all appreciate what Moyes does the whole point is that he needs more weight (money) behind him. The fact we punch above our weight is no defence of the current regime; all it does is highlight how well we could do with investment.

... and while I would agree that "moaning on a forum is no way to get a profession entity to take notice of your concerns" I think the majority of people are just venting. That said, the linked statement from Elstone is a clear message that they don't give one good god damn about anyone's concerns no matter how they are communicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.