2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all - he’s done a decent job for us, especially when Ross Stewart was out.

I like the lad but he isn’t ready for the PL, sorry to say this but it’s true. He’s a big unit but doesn’t use his physicality fully

He’s been our 3rd best striker after Stewart and Diallo so I just can’t see him being a saviour for you

Sorry, but best of luck - hope you can find a way to avoid the drop

Just what I read. Not very mobile.

But I've seen him slot. Most of the chances we've missed or anything in the box I do believe he'd score.
He's got a quite slow first step tbh, but that's not to say he's slow overall. Saw him in a few games over his loan in Scotland and he was decent and presses quite well.

Also slots, yes. lol

An actual criticism from that loan was that he was offside quite often, but that could be for a lot of reasons (and also an area he's improved in for all I know) and how the team was setup - to attack off the shoulder, which for above-mentioned isn't his strength.

Holding the ball up and searching for headers is what we need and what we can also offer, so I think on paper this has potential. He's not the greatest but he'd do a better job than Maupay to lead the line the way we want him to.

Best of luck to the kid. Many aspects of his game need polishing but he does seem very calm in front of goal. Our current forwards don’t score, he can’t score less than zero so therefore can’t be any worse than them. They also cough up possession non stop as well. The bar is low

This isn't strictly true though is it? The bar to get into the Everton team is low, but the bar to have an impact in this division is somewhat higher.

We need a level above what we've got now, not marginally better than Maupay (spoiler alert, but unfortunately I don't think the kid is even that).

Can’t believe it. It’s hard to blame Lampard when we’re in such a bad place.

Watched him on loan at Hearts, miles off being a premier league striker, miles. What a state we’re in.

This is for me a sign that we won’t be active in the transfer market. I was giving the club some leeway for not signing a striker in summer, thinking we’d be getting someone in promptly in January and defence and midfield were being prioritised in the spirit of building the team from the foundations. Looks like this was not the case and more fool me for giving the club that much credit.

We signed Mauoay who might not be the best but he was an 8 goal a season striker at Brighton and he hasn’t looked anywhere near that here. If it was the managers decision to bring him in you’d think he’d have an idea how to get the best out of him

Hi all - he’s done a decent job for us, especially when Ross Stewart was out.

I like the lad but he isn’t ready for the PL, sorry to say this but it’s true. He’s a big unit but doesn’t use his physicality fully

He’s been our 3rd best striker after Stewart and Diallo so I just can’t see him being a saviour for you

Sorry, but best of luck - hope you can find a way to avoid the drop

Diallo has been excellent for you hasn't he? He would probably be our best attacker too.

He is a better fit than Maupay for what we need. And we are skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.