2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree. He's also playing a role in a team chasing promotion to the Prem which is more than Gykoeres is doing at Coventry.

Hes a better choice than Cannon to have and even if we bring another striker in, given Calvert lewins fitness we should be recalling him anyway.
I’m fine with recalling him , if only to provide an option from the bench. Seems a decent move to me given , as you say he’s scoring for a side at the top end of the table .

It does perhaps show the folly of releasing him when we had no fit strikers at the club and effectively burnt points in those first few games .

I was just making a point that some people are putting him down saying "he wasn't first choice" when I don't think he was ever brought in to be that...but has started, played a good chunk of games, and scored goals.

Still think he should've stayed there the full season. Would help in the long term than the no doubt 10minute cameos he may get here.

Could've just kept Rondon ffs.

The point was it's not really preventing the lad games/development now Stewart is back/returned from injury.

If at 21, he can't get minutes in this Everton team then he'll never get them.

If we spent a few bob on a decent centre forward, given Calvert Lewins fitness we'd have done well to recall him anyway as an option.

If he is an option for a team chasing promotion, he's an option for us.

….confirms what a ludicrous decision it was to send him on loan, especially when we didn’t have a back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin until over a month into the season & then bought completely the wrong type in Maupay.

Demonstrates the gross negligence of those making these decisions & managing our transfer strategy. The club is totally mismanaged & ultimately that manifests itself on the pitch.
We discussed this during the Summer Eggs, how on earth could anybody think it was a good idea to let this lad go on loan when our centre forward options were the perennially injured Calvert Lewin or the pathetic Rondon. I don't hold out high hopes for the lad, but, he will be our second best option to lead the line, God help us.

The point was it's not really preventing the lad games/development now Stewart is back/returned from injury.

If at 21, he can't get minutes in this Everton team then he'll never get them.

If we spent a few bob on a decent centre forward, given Calvert Lewins fitness we'd have done well to recall him anyway as an option.

If he is an option for a team chasing promotion, he's an option for us.

Hopefully he'll get a chance. Been saying for a while he should cos he's scored goals wherever he's been

We discussed this during the Summer Eggs, how on earth could anybody think it was a good idea to let this lad go on loan when our centre forward options were the perennially injured Calvert Lewin or the pathetic Rondon. I don't hold out high hopes for the lad, but, he will be our second best option to lead the line, God help us.

….we definitely did, Matey, so we’re not talking with hindsight. We’re just folk talking footy yet people being paid millions to run our club are negligent.

Simms is not the answer but for the first half of this season, he’d have been more effective than anything else we have. We still need a striker, Simms will be ahead of Maupay in the back-up stakes.

Good decision to get him out on loan in the first place, giving him crucial game time in a very competitive league. Now we have a striker in form and ready to come off the bench when called upon.

….we definitely did, Matey, so we’re not talking with hindsight. We’re just folk talking footy yet people being paid millions to run our club are negligent.

Simms is not the answer but for the first half of this season, he’d have been more effective than anything else we have. We still need a striker, Simms will be ahead of Maupay in the back-up stakes.
This is all hindsight, no way of knowing how effective he would have been. Frank didn't know DCL would be injury hit the way he has. Apart from the Bournmouth games we have competed well in all the games we have played.

This is all hindsight, no way of knowing how effective he would have been. Frank didn't know Dominic Calvert-Lewin would be injury hit the way he has. Apart from the Bournmouth games we have competed well in all the games we have played.
I think we knew we were going into the season light up top. We tried for another forward and failed.

Happy with this as he has a similar style of play to DCL so hopefully we can use him as DCL light until DCL gets back fit or we finally get a proper striker in

Status
Not open for further replies.